Customizing the UI of your end-user portal takes you a step closer to better customer satisfaction scores. Imagine the frustration users go through when they see a product in the Service Catalog and place a request, only to find out later that they're not eligible for it. Don't even get us started on the amount of time it wastes.
The Service Catalog in Freshservice can be customized so that end users see just what they need to see.
For instance, a designer might be eligible to request for Photoshop but it does not need to show when someone from operations checks the catalog.
Customizing the Service Catalog based on the users’ 'Department' and 'Job Title' involves doing 3 things.
Step 1: Specify the Department and the Job Title for the User (Requester).
- In Admin, under User Management select Requesters
- Hover over the Requester for whom you want to add the details and click on the Edit button
- Add the Department/Job title and click on Update
Note: You can add more departments under Admin > User Management > Departments section
Step 2: Create a User Group and specify the Departments/Job Titles it should include.
- Go back to the Admin console and click on Requester Groups under User Management
- Select Requester Group to view or edit your existing groups
- Click Create New and select Requester Group to create new groups in your service desk
- Type a Name and Description for the group
- Select a method to add the members. You can either manually add members to the group or define rules for adding them.
- Once you have selected the Members, click Save to create the group
Step 3: Specify the User Groups a given Service will be made available to.
- Navigate to the Admin > Service management
- Click on the Service you wish to edit
- Under the Service item settings section, click on the Agent Visibility dropbox and select Agent Groups
- Specify the groups the service needs to be available for and then click Save
As you scale up, all new Requesters will be added to the relevant groups automatically based on their ‘Department’ and ‘Job Title’.
Note: User groups can be created based on the location, language, time zone, reporting manager and other dropdown fields of a user. For example, If a certain service item such as Arabic keyboard is available only to people whose language is Arabic and are located in Dubai, such a setup can be easily achieved with requester group created with the location as Dubai and language as Arabic.