Customizing the UI of your end-user portal takes you a step closer to better customer satisfaction scores. Imagine the frustration users go through when they see a product in the Service Catalog and place a request, only to find out later that they're not eligible for it. Don't even get us started on the amount of time it wastes.
The Service Catalog in Freshservice can be customized so that end users see just what they need to see.
For instance, a designer might be eligible to request for Photoshop but it does not need to show when someone from operations checks the catalog.
Customizing the Service Catalog based on the users’ 'Department' and 'Job Title' involves doing 3 things.
Step 1: Specify the Department and the Job Title for the User (Requester).
- In Admin, under User Management select Requesters.
- Click on the Edit button for the Requester.
- Add the Department/Job Title and click on Update.
Note: In Admin, under User Management, select Departments to add more departments.
Step 2: Create a User Group and specify the Departments/Job Titles it should include.
- Go back to the Admin console and click on Groups under User Management.
- Select Requester Group to view or edit your existing groups.
- Click Create New and select Requester Group to create new groups in your service desk.
- Type a Name and Description for the group.
- Under Conditions, specify the Departments/Job Titles to match.
- Click Save to create the group.
Step 3: Specify the User Groups a given Service will be made available to.
- Navigate to the Admin Settings page, under General Settings, select Service Catalog.
- Click on the Service you wish to edit.
- On the Edit Item page, scroll down and select the Group level radio button.
- Specify the groups the service needs to be available for and then click Update.
As you scale up, all new Requesters will be added to the relevant groups automatically based on their ‘Department’ and ‘Job Title’.
Note: User groups can be created based on the location, language, time zone, reporting manager and other dropdown fields of a user. For example, If a certain service item such as Arabic keyboard is available only to people whose language is Arabic and are located in Dubai, such a setup can be easily achieved with requester group created with the location as Dubai and language as Arabic.