Note: We've updated our pricing and packaging. This feature is available on Estate & Forest plans for customers who signed up before Nov 2nd 2020.
Freshservice lets you add time entries to different tickets, problems, changes and releases and makes it easy for you to track time spent on different kinds of activities. At the end of the day, you will be able to figure out how much time each agent has spent providing support on an issue and thereby gain a deeper visibility on overall helpdesk performance. Your agents can either choose to use automatic start and stop timers to track progress or manually log the time and detail any activities during this period.
Quick guide to track time automatically on:
- Open any ticket, problem change or release
- Look for the section at the bottom of the sidebar which says Time entries
- Click on Add Time.
- The add time pop-up box will open
- To automatically start tracking time, click Start Timer option at the bottom of the screen and continue working on the ticket
- A new time entry is added to the ticket
- Click on the Stop or Delete buttons to stop or delete the timer
- You can click on the Start button again at any time to restart the timer
- Click on Edit within the time entry to edit details, add activities or enter comments
- Check the box against Billable to log this entry as billable in your timesheet reports
- For non-billable time spent, uncheck this box
- Click Update when done
Quick guide to adding time entries manually:
- Open any ticket, problem change or release.
- Look for the section at the bottom of the sidebar which says Time Tracking
- Click on Add Time
- Enter the amount of time spent on this ticket under Hours
- Add comments or detail activities done under Note
- Check the box against Billable to log this entry as billable in your timesheet reports. For non-billable time spent, uncheck this box
- Add the project start date and time
- Click Save to record this time entry
- You can edit your logged time entries by clicking on Edit corresponding to the entry
You can also choose to add custom fields to time entries in case you wish to capture any additional information while invoicing.