We've updated our pricing and packaging. This feature is available on Garden, Estate & Forest plans for customers who signed up before Nov 2nd 2020
The CMDB/Asset Management Module in Freshservice shows you a complete list of all the assets and configuration items that have been linked within your IT service desk. By default, Freshservice comes with a set of asset/CI types that cover all the essentials for a typical IT service desk. This includes hardware items like laptops, workstations, network routers, etc. and software assets like operating systems.
Here’s a complete list of the default asset/CI types in Freshservice:
- AWS (EC2, RDS, EBS)
- Unix Server
- Aix Server (Solaris Server, Windows Server)
- Storage (Disk)
- Data Center (Rack, UPS)
- Mobile Devices (Mobile, Tablet)
- Access Point
- Other Devices
- Operating System
- Mac OS X
- Web Server
- IT Service
- Email Service
- Backup Service
- Hosting Service
- Business Service
- Sales Service
- Support Service
In case the default categories don’t fit your purpose, you can add additional asset/CI types, or edit the existing ones from the Admin Settings page.
Note: The default assets or configuration items cannot be deleted.
A quick guide to adding a new asset/CI type to Freshservice:
- Login to Freshservice as an Account Admin.
- Go to Admin > Asset Management > Asset Types and Fields.
- Click on the New Asset Type button on the top-right
- Enter a name and description for the asset/CI.
- Choose a parent category for the asset/CI if applicable.
- Click on the Save button to finish adding the asset.