Note: We've updated our pricing and packaging. This feature is available on Blossom, Garden, Estate & Forest plans for customers who signed up before Nov 2nd 2020.
Apart from your default ticket forms, Freshservice lets you customize and add additional fields for tickets, problems, changes, and releases. These are called Form fields and can be used to drive additional context and also for other purposes such as categorization, logging in important parameters or automating tasks in your service desk.
You can, of course, add your own custom fields like text boxes, drop downs etc. when you are customizing field templates.
Quick guide to Customizing the New Ticket Form:
- Click on Admin > Field Manager.
- Choose any of the options available, either Ticket, Problem, Change or Release Fields.
- Click on any field to open the field editor.
- Customize the name of the field for both agents and customers.
- You can choose to make the field mandatory when agents create or resolve a ticket.
- You can choose whether the field is visible to customers when they log a new ticket from your portal, whether they can edit it, and if it is a required field when the submit the ticket.
- You can also add your own custom fields by dragging a field type and dropping them on the ticket form.
- Drag and move fields within the form to organize them in the form.
- Click Save to save this form
Adding Content Fields
Ensuring a good self-service experience includes creating compact, neat forms for your end-users to fill. You would also want to add external documentation links, or contact details to provide more contextual information to your users while filling a form.
With content fields, you can now add a rich-text section to all your incident and service item forms in Freshservice. You can create sections in your forms with content headers, and you can also add relevant links.
You can refer to the article here to learn more about Content Fields.
Content Fields are now supported for tickets and service item forms. You can add these fields to the respective service item forms and ticket forms from the form field settings in the admin panel.
It is not possible to modify or delete the default fields in the field templates.