If you are a Managed Service Provider (MSP), you can have multiple end user portals set up in your helpdesk. There are two levels of security settings that can be applied, the Helpdesk Security and Portal Security.
Your main (default) portal is your helpdesk portal – the one used by your agents to login to your helpdesk. To access the security settings of your helpdesk, go to Admin -> Helpdesk Security.
Security settings at the Helpdesk level
In Helpdesk Security, the following options are available:
- Single Sign-On
- Secure Connection using SSL
- IP Restriction - (Global)
- Session Timeout - (Global)
- Admin Notifications - (Global)
- Password Policy - (Global)
The settings marked as global are applicable to all the portals in your helpdesk. The SSO and SSL settings can be applied on a portal level. So, when these settings are applied in the Helpdesk Security section, they'll work only for your Helpdesk and the default Helpdesk Portal.
Please note that if you have SSO enabled in your Helpdesk, the Password Policy from Helpdesk Security will be applied to the portals that do not have SSO enabled.
Security settings at Portal level
If you signed up for Freshservice after March 16th, 2020, here's how you need to setup the security policies for MSP accounts.
For every portal that is configured in your helpdesk, you can:
- Set up SSO (Simple or SAML-based)
- Request for and activate secure connection using SSL
To achieve this,
1. Go to Admin -> Support Channels > Support Portals
2. Edit an existing portal or create a new portal by clicking New Portal.
3. In the Security Section, you can activate the SSO and also enable the SSL connection. (Settings such as the Simple SSO Shared Secret and the SSL request form will be visible only after the new portal has been saved successfully the first time).