Once you have started adding solutions to your knowledge base, the next thing you want to do is to start restricting access to them selectively for different reasons and make them available to only a select group of people. For example, you could create a set of articles for just your agents and teach them best practices in your helpdesk. Or it could also be used to create document that is specific to each and every department in your service desk.
Freshservice lets you manage your solutions by editing the permission settings on the folders. By default, it is defined to public whenever you create a new folder, but can be modified to handle several use cases.
Quick guide to controlling the visibility of your solutions:
- Open up your knowledge base by clicking on the Solutions tab.
- From the landing page, choose any existing folder by clicking on its name.
- Click on the Edit button on the right hand side to start editing the folder.
- Choose from one of the following visibility options that will make the articles visible to:
- All - everyone.
- Logged In Users - users who have logged in to your helpdesk.
- Agents - agents in your service desk.
- Departments - requesters who belong to a specific department
- Agent Groups - agents who belong to specific Agent Groups
- Requester Groups - requesters who belong to specific Requester Groups
- Click on the Save button to finalize your changes.