CAB meetings involve a lot of operational overhead. Change managers need to manage the meeting invites, meeting attendees, create an agenda for every meeting, send out this agenda with additional comments prior to the meeting, conduct the actual meeting, take notes, send out minutes of the meetings. That's a lot! Change managers usually context switch multiple times back and forth between excel sheets, emails, google/outlook calendar and Freshservice app.
We understood these difficulties and we making this super simple by enabling change managers do all these right within Freshservice. Change managers will now be able to define calendar events to schedule cab meetings. These can be one time or recurring events. Changes (agenda items) to be discussed in the meeting can also be included to these events. Change manager will also be able to send meeting invites to participants, run the cab meeting in play mode (where changes can be navigated as a slide show), capture meeting notes and send MoM post meeting.
Please see the mock screens.
As promised please see my update after running the CAB for the first time;
1. There is no placeholder to store what was discussed on the CAB
- Other than the small text boxes next to each change, which I am currently using to summarise the Change
2. There is no method to track whether the Changes were approved for deployment
- If a change is rejected \ approved by the CAB how would this be recorded, other than the comments section?
- Would be useful to have either a tick box or a status on the CAB to record the outcome of each change
3. When CAB has been run (and completed); would be useful to have an option to close the CAB
- So that the data is static and can be auditable in future
@Iee Great feedback and thanks a lot for taking time out to review this feature and posting your detailed comments here.
Let's go item by item:
1. When selecting your Changes to add to the CAB (using the filters); if a change has already been added to the CAB these are still included in the search results - This is an issue and we're fixing this
2. When setting a re-occurrence rule for you CAB meetings, only allows 24 weeks as a maximum (if setting to a weekly CAB); this also includes if setting an end date - Yes, this was a deliberate call from an architectural standpoint to create meeting recurrences upto a maximum of 6 months. We felt users can always come back and create the next set before the end of 6 months.
3. There is no placeholder to store what was discussed on the CAB - The comment feature against every change is meant for dual purpose: a) To summarise the change while sending out the invite b) To additionally capture meeting notes (these can be appended to the existing summary). Do you see any limitation in using the same comment for both?
4. There is no method to track whether the Changes were approved for deployment - Ok, I see your point. However, if the change is approved/rejected, are you not also updating the change status during the cab meeting itself? Our recommendation is that during the CAB meeting, based on the decision, as a meeting moderator, you can update the change status as well. Do you see any problem with this approach?
5. When CAB has been run (and completed); would be useful to have an option to close the CAB - Ok, do you mean to say once the CAB is closed, any further modification will not be allowed? This is a good point. Will keep this in mind during the next iteration.
What license level do you need to have for this to be available? Is this still in BETA? If so we'd like to test.