Start a new topic
In Progress

Closure Rules for Tickets

A service desk admin/manager should be able to define rules for ticket resolution and closure based on their operational process of ticket handling lifecycle. 

Setting up of business rules for ticket resolution/closure is important because - 

1. The service desk solution should operationalize the business process followed in the organization

2. Remove any manual errors or miss outs during ticket resolution/closure

As a part of closure rules, a servicedesk agent should not be able to resolve or close a ticket 

1. prior to adding a time entry.

2. without closing all the associated tasks.

3. prior to resolving/closing all the associated child tickets.

Quick snapshot below -

The closure rules will also work for the Android and iOS apps for Freshservice. Screenshots below-

36 people like this idea

Please add cannot close or resolve without a note being added?

2 people like this

Yes! :)

1 person likes this

This will be a great feature! Sometimes our agents are forgetful when it comes to adding time, myself included.

Will there also be the possibility to add these rules when the status is "Resolved" instead of closed?  Many companies "finish" the interaction with the requester in the status "Resolved" and then anautomation closes the ticket.

6 people like this

Looking forward to this! Time tracking is integral for our operations.

It would also be useful to have closure rules that enable you to specify particular fields have to be filled in completed, before the ticket can be resolved/closed.

1 person likes this

@Gonzalo, yes. We are building these rules for both "Resolved" and "Closed" status. 

@James, today the asked feature exists. You need to head over to Admin -> Form Fields -> Click on a field -> Check the box that says "Required when closing the ticket"

1 person likes this

+1 

Is there a timeframe on when this feature will be available?

2 people like this

Yes please provide a timeframe... This is necessary to ensure our technicians are properly tracking time spent on tickets

1 person likes this

+1 to ETA?

2 people like this

It would be great if we were able to get a timeframe for being made add time to a ticket before it is resolved - we use automation for closed..... love the idea of enforcing an agent add a note. 

Hello Sudipta, 

Great news. 

If there is any beta, we would be glad to test on our instances

cirruseotest.freshservice.com

appoloconsulting.freshservice.com

Thanks, 

Stefan

Something I have noticed is that there is no default field for capturing the resolution (I created a custom field). Along with not being able to resolve a ticket without having certain fields completed, can we also have a set resolution field? From this field you should be able to create KB articles to capture workarounds, this should also be able to be sent to a linked Problem.

1 person likes this

Related to those time entries, it takes too many clicks to enter time. Why isn't there the option to add a start timer right on the main incident/task/change view. Let me open my ticket, hit start read the ticket begin the work. when finished type in a note and then hit stop timer. 

Currently I think its something like scroll down. Click to expand time tracked, then click add time. Then in the new window that opens fill it out and hit submit. It should be a simple, start timer button on the top. done

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin