Start a new topic
Planned

Event Management

We understand IT teams are responsible for keeping applications and services up and running for their business users and this involves continuous monitoring of IT infrastructure. Different teams use different monitoring tools (there's a plethora of them!) to monitor their organization's infrastructure. Typically, IT teams will set up configuration rules in these tools to send out alerts when a threshold is breached (ex. CPU utilization of a server crosses 80%). These alerts are actionable and we want to enable IT teams to channels these alerts to Freshservice, wherein the team can triage, respond and resolve any issue triggering these alerts.

The benefits that IT teams can expect out of this: 

1. Reduce noise - Group similar alerts from the same server together under a single work item(incident). 

2. Full context of the issue from a single view - Freshservice will automatically associate the asset to the incident so that the agent can get the whole context from one view. 

3. Automatic Routing and prioritization - Set up rules based on which the tickets created through these alerts will be prioritized correctly and routed to the right agent groups. 

4. Auto closure of tickets - The ticket will be automatically resolved based on the status of the latest alert for that ticket. ex. If an alert was triggered due to a sudden spike, a new ticket is created and then the utilization might go back to normal, in this case this ticket will be auto-closed by Freshservice. 

Below: a ticket created through an alert. You can also see the recent alerts grouped together under the same ticket.

PS: this is  version 1 and we will continue to build on top of this. 

If you are interested to know more, please feel free to comment below and I will reach out to you. 

Cheers

Joe

11 people like this idea

Hi Joe

In fact we've just implemented something along these lines. Feel free to contact me, I'd be interested in seeing what we can do better.

Thanks

2 people like this

Hi Joe,

Our team would be very interested in testing something like this.  It would fit a need that we are just now recognizing.

2 people like this

Hi Joe, This sounds great. We were just discussing trying to manually set up something like this for our FreshService to integrate with Kaseya and/or SolarWinds NPM. At the moment if an agent gets a server alert that requires action, the agent manually creates a FreshService ticket afterwards and that is of course not ideal. So very interested in what you are implementing here.

1 person likes this
Joe, We are very interested in this. We were talking about this type of functionality a couple of weeks ago. We also use Solarwinds RMM and this would be a very welcome feature for us. We would like to join the beta if possible. Thanks!

Hi Joe,

I too would be interested in this.  

Thanks,

-Fred

Hi Joe

That sounds great.  Please let me know more.

Thanks - Simon

Hi,

We are currently setting up a lot of event management on over 200 servers to feed into Freshservice, so this is definitely of interest to us

Laurence

This would definitely be of interest to us.

Jarrod

This new feature would be great for us and our needs.

We'd be really interested in this as well.

Hi Joseph,

I'd be interested to know more about this if possible.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin