Start a new topic

Ability to use custom fields in Automator

Hi,

We're starting to use the Service Catalog and Automator quite heavily to automate a lot of non-IT processes.  This would be substantially easier if we were able to use custom fields in Automator workflows, e.g. if we had a Service Request for "Contract Review" and a custom field for "Contract Value", it would be great to be able to define a workflow for items of type Contract Review and then be able to select the Contract Value in conditions within the workflow.

To make this easier, it would be good to be able to select what items a workflow applies to when creating it, rather than having the first couple of conditions within the workflow filter them, i.e. we often start a workflow with a condition which is if the type is Serivce Request and the Category is ... or the Item is ...  If these were specified as options to the Workflow, it would make the workflow cleaner, and also allow FreshService to know which custom fields to make available to the workflow.

Thanks,

Neil.

Neil, If I am understanding your question correctly you are able to use custom fields in the workflow automator. You have to define the type of SR first though.This is acocmplished through subconditions. Is that what you are looking for?

1 person likes this

Hi,

Aha!  That allows me to do exactly what I need.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers,

Neil.

Patrick thanks for this.. I too was lost and looking for this exact info!!!

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin