Start a new topic

App locations limitations

I am looking to develop a "simple" app that pulls Department / Company information into the New Ticket logging page. (select company and description and prime user is returned to the sidebar)

Is this even possible presently, as there seem to be limits to the App Locations that can be developed ?

Hi Pete, as a part of the current SDK version, with Freshservice, we support Ticket details, Change details and Contact details page for app locations. We are (and also will keep on) introducing new app locations to be supported by the SDK with respect to Freshservice. 

Regarding new locations for apps to be rendered, we are taking up New Tickets/Edit tickets page (for agents) first. Along with the app locations, we would be taking up the respective APIs for the page as well to support the app build. Your requirement is a strong fit into one of our many use cases that we are trying to solve on the New Tickets page. 

Please subscribe to the what's new and the roadmap community to get notified regarding the same and other product-related rollouts. 

1 person likes this

I see the latest update now includes New Ticket Page as an App Location. This is one step closer to what I'm trying to acheive, however, it's still not quite there as the New Ticket Page events are limited.

Are there plans to expand these event triggers ? I'm looking to pull into the sidebar the Department Description when it's selected on the New Ticket Page.

This is an MSP environment so it's Company rather than Department.

Pete, can you please help us on what event should pull in the department description on the ticket sidebar? Also, do check in our what's new section to see all the latest updates made to the CLI. 

When creating a new ticket, as soon as the Department (Company in our case) is selected from the dropdown, the app located in the right side of the screen returns the relevant fields (mainly "DESCRIPTION").

We can then populate the company details page with any relevant information that the helpdesk needs to know when logging tickets, such as levels of support, outstanding bills etc. Immediate priority escalation or some other such information.

Hope this makes sense!

I notice that the new updates include a ticket.requesterChanged option on the New Ticket Page as an event. Will this trigger an update if we are looking at pulling the Department details from that User ?

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin