Would be good to have these additional ticket types, or entry types under an "Other" section which may make more sense:
I currently have these item types in FreshService and it doesn't work well (use tags or a description in the title to differentiate). These particular things have differences from incidents and service requests. Different field requirements, tend to last longer than tickets, different SLA requirements, and different purposes.
I think it would be useful to have these for these benefits
- Will become more holistic for the management of time for IT staff. Option to use FreshService as a complete task and time management system
- Can time track all this in a single system
- SLA respect for Incidents and Service Requests only
- Separation and filtering
- Improvements could form a Continual Service Improvement (CSI) register
- Can link all those items to CIs, tickets, change requests etc for data, context, and reporting
- API magic
Advantages to this over other solutions (such as recurring incident tickets):
- A maintenance entry can flag an incident which you can attach to the entry
- Historical information on a task for review
- Time tracking on a maintenance task, may be an indicator for an improvement if a lot of time is spent on a particular maintenance task
- link CIs. Lets you better delegate maintenance to someone who usually doesn't perform the task, and provides info on the CI page of maintenance that gets performed on it
Very Good suggestion. Should be able to add custom types.