Start a new topic
Implemented

Notifications in FreshService

I feel like there's a missed opportunity with notification in FreshService.

In the mobile app, I have an option of viewing a stream of activity on just my tickets, shown here:

The only option similar to this in the browser version of FreshService is the "Recent Activity" section, but that unfortunately shows information for everyone, not just things relevant to myself, shown below:

The other thing about the "Recent Activity" screen is that it shows ALL interactions with tickets, not just ones I need to act upon. For example, I don't need to know that I submitted a ticket. I know that I did that, because I did it. I need to know when a requester submits a ticket and it's assigned to me, or one of my tickets gets reopened.

Is there any way to bring the way that the FreshService mobile app handles notifications into the browser experience?

Thanks

5 people like this idea

Agreed that the notifications in the web interface are currently lacklustre. It's faster for me to get and read Push notifications on my Android phone than it is to go crawling through my ticket list trying to find which ticket has been updated. It seems this was thought of as there's the 'bell' in the top right hand corner of the screen, but I never get any notifications through there.

Reuben Brown,

I had that same thought, and I asked FS Support about it. Apparently that bell only shows notification regarding approvals by design.

Which, to be frank, baffles me.

Any chance of FreshService hopping in here and sharing their vision for notifications / justification for the status quo?

Any chance of getting a reply to this?

Karim and Reuben,

We're delighted to inform you that we'll be rolling out enhanced in-browser and desktop notifications in a few weeks! With this feature, Freshservice users can choose to be notified about ticket updates, approval requests, and approval decisions. 

As you've been waiting for this feature, we thought you'd be interested to give it a spin before everyone else. If you are, give us a nod by responding to this thread, and we'll enable the beta release for your account very soon!

Cheers,

Mithun Mohandas

Product Manager, Freshservice

Hey Mithun, happy to beta test as long as there's no risk to our data.

@Mithun That's wonderful! I'm excited to see what your teams have put together! I'm going to chat with our stakeholders to see if they're interested in taking part in the beta.

Thanks!

Reuben, your data wouldn't be at risk. We'll enable the beta for your account once it is available.

Karim, sure, let us know!

Hey @Mithun, we're ready, can you please enroll my account in this beta? :)

Thanks!

Hey Karim,

I've added your account to the beta release list. We'll be rolling out the beta in about a week.

Cheers,

Mithun Mohandas

Hello,

We've enabled the Notification Center beta for those of you who got in touch with us. You should have received an email with more information. Give it a whirl and let us know what you think!

Cheers,

Mithun Mohandas

If possible, please add us to the beta!

Thank you

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for volunteering for the beta! I've queued your account - it should be enabled in a day or two.

Cheers,

Mithun Mohandas

Hi Mithun, would it be possible for you to enable the beta for me as well? I'm definitely interested in trying this out!!

Sure, Michael, thanks for volunteering! I've added your account to the queue, and it should be enabled in a day or two. 

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin