Start a new topic

First Response Clock

I threw this out as a ticket, but wanted to see if anyone has asked similar questions, get more thoughts. Thanks!

I need to know precisely what events start and stop the clock used to calculate the "AVERAGE FIRST RESPONSE TIME (IN HRS)" metric.

For example, the "Group at a glance" report includes the metric "

I need to know, exactly and specifically, which events trigger that timer and end it.

I could assume that the response time is calculated by the difference in the ticket's creation time until the first response is made.

However - I don't know if the system is smart enough to account for business hours.
For example: 
Our business hours are 830am-530pm EST.

If a ticket is created at 0001, and responded to at 0832, is that a 1 minute response time, because the system is accounting for business hours? 
OR - is that an 8 hour and 31 minute response time, because business hours are not accounted for?

Also - 
Does the first response clock stop when:
a reply is sent?
What about a Forward?
What about a note (private)?
What about a note (public)?

I know that the first response clock doesn't stop when a private note or forward is added to the ticket. I've only seen it stop when a reply is sent or a public note is added.

From what I understand, the FR timer is triggered when the ticket is created, but only runs during normal business hours. So that means if you responded at 0832 (in your example above), that would be a 2 minute response time (since the timer started at 0830). The devs can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is how it works.

Login or Signup to post a comment