Start a new topic

Ability to relate knowledge base articles to tickets

At a previous employer, we had an internal policy where agents had to relate knowledge base article to tickets before closing them.  If there was not one to relate, then it was implied that the agent should consider creating one.

Reports were run (generally monthly) on the KB articles were related most often and were used as a way to track trends in which issues were coming up, and what solution was fixing them.  This helps with things such as root cause analysis.  I think something similar (I am aware of tags, and we are currently figuring out how best to use them) would be very helpful to Freshdesk platform.

10 people like this idea

+1 for this. Our KBase is getting quite full, with no way to see the value each article is bringing. Would help us more proactively manage the content we show users.

+1 for this also

In order for knowledge management to be effective we need the ability to report on which KB articles are being used from both a self-service side as well as agent attached to a ticket. It is really hard for Analyst to see the value of building knowledge and even management if we can't report on the usage and activity around it!

4 people like this

Can I just copy and paste the last comment? Literally can't say it better.

In order for knowledge management to be effective we need the ability to report on which KB articles are being used from both a self-service side as well as agent attached to a ticket. It is really hard for Analyst to see the value of building knowledge and even management if we can't report on the usage and activity around it!

I'm surprised that this doesn't already exist for an ITIL based system.

Login or Signup to post a comment