Start a new topic
Implemented

Checklists

Notes and tasks are great features, but it would also be nice to have a checklist that could be added to a ticket so that different agents could easily update progress on the work. Examples would be a scenario where you are installing a new computer which has several specific steps for configuration according to our environment. Or troubleshooting checklists,  or account creation steps for an agent supporting network account creation.

31 people like this idea
Thx for the Implementation - but what exactely has been implemented now? Ability to define Template-Checklists?

I've had a good poke about and I can't see anything new? Care to enlighten us :)

Was there an update on how this was implemented?

While the auto-add tasks functionality in Dispatch'r is useful, the primary purpose of having a "checklist" is to have those steps in the order they must be completed.

It appears that regardless of the order of the "add task" items in the Dispatch'r setup, the tasks themselves are added to the resulting ticket in a haphazard order.

For example, add 5 "add task" steps to a ticket based on a criteria. Make each task title be "1. test 1", 2. test 2", etc. Make a ticket that matches the criteria, and you'll notice that the tasks are added haphazardly. The first task may be halfway through the list. This is ineffective at providing the "checklist" functionality.

Could you have the order of Dispatch'r-created tasks in a ticket respect the order in which they're configured to be added?

1 person likes this

Brian, I reported this to FS Support and they said this is a bug.

Initially, I thought the agents were just not following the list, and then I found out that the list did not appear in the correct order. It defeats the purpose of being able to reorder the actions in the rule, when the tasks are not added to the ticket in the order they were set.

I don't understand why it says the checklist has been implemented when I don't see it anywhere. 

2 people like this

Hi

There is an option to create bundle service requests, which I think should solve your use case. If the tasks are mostly other items that needs to be delivered/fulfilled then you can create a bundle and add additional items to the bundle. 

Taking an example from above, a bundle called 'employee on-boarding' is created and additional items are added to this bundle, like so: 

When placing a request, any of these items can be selected by the requester. 

Admin can also choose to create child tickets for all the additional items (which can be assigned to agents or groups thru dispatch'r) or to create one ticket with all these items in it. 

Let me know if this helps. 

When will the bug be fixed? For people that don't have the service catalog and are on the garden plan don't have the option to do this workaround of using the service catalog instead of being able to create tasks. Is there another workaround or fix that would allow the people without access to the service catalog to still be able to create tasks or automated child tickets to be created when an onboarding ticket is made?

Confused on how this is implemented. I do see how we can have multiple service items but not a true checklist with instructions and steps that needed to be taken to complete a task. Ex. Deployment checklist. !. Image computer, add to domain, install drivers - things like this with checkboxes to indicate completion of that task. I would like this as it keep us from using external solutions for data that would make more sense to be in FS. Right now we link our checklist to a sharepoint list we've created. 

hope that makes sense and this is something that can be looked at. 

1 person likes this

Hi Joseph,

I tried your suggestion a while back:

1 - We ended up flooding our service catalog with too many service items, which could be avoided if these service items could just be created as tasks in one ticket.

2 - Service items that are merely additions to a primary service item, are visible to requesters, thus some of them have incorrectly chosen these "children service items". I've checked, and a hidden service item cannot be added as an additional service item. 

3 - We have a service request with more than 30 tasks in it. We've divided it into two, since two teams work on it by using additional service items. The tasks are still appearing in random order, even with the lower number of tasks. We ended up using a solutions page with the list of tasks instead.

It is not ideal and using FS is supposed to streamline our processes. It would infinitely be better if the tasks are added in the order that they are in the rule -- as it is supposed to be -- and we could use it as a checklist. 

Jonie

I would agree, this is definitely not "implemented". The service catalog, even if available on all plans, still doesn't meet the needs of this request. It creates a mess of tickets when a simple checklist would do, dispatch'r rules create tasks in a random order, totally not acceptable. The accordion panel of info in the ticket takes a really long time to load and there's no option to collapse all either. I really like the idea of the Spiceworks solution of attaching a checklist, I might have to go back to checking them out again, it's been a long time since I reviewed their service. 

I would agree, this is definitely not "implemented". The service catalog, even if available on all plans, still doesn't meet the needs of this request. It creates a mess of tickets when a simple checklist would do, dispatch'r rules create tasks in a random order, totally not acceptable. The accordion panel of info in the ticket takes a really long time to load and there's no option to collapse all either. I really like the idea of the Spiceworks solution of attaching a checklist, I might have to go back to checking them out again, it's been a long time since I reviewed their service. 

3 people like this

Simple checklist option please. 

I don't feel this has been implemented to satisfy the requirements of the user. 

We have a ticket that needs a checklist for 110 items - creating 110 service request for this is an extreme amount of work. 

I have created one Service Request and then created a series of tick boxes that are not visible in the portal, these can then be ticked manually by the agent as they are completed. We are happy with this solution but the next issue is how do you report on this? 

I cant seem to develop a report to determine if the tick boxes are ticked or not. Please can an Agent help with this - its something that is really needed. 

Login or Signup to post a comment