A LinkedIn Live series with IT leaders. Save a seat for episode 1 with Colin McCarthy, VP of Global IT, Essense. Register Now

Start a new topic
Implemented

Announcement Improvements

Would it possible to add a filter to announcements similar to how the add a note works on a ticket. This would be so we could look to do internal agent only private announcements if required, eg a database deployment has been completed successfully. But then also post notifications in regards to known issues which the end users could then see in the portal if need be.

16 people like this idea

Craig,

We are starting to work on enhancements to announcements, including control over announcement visbility to Agents only (specific groups/all), requestors only (specific groups/all) or both. Additionally, you will also be able to schedule announcements. Development on this has started, we'll continue to update you here.

Thanks,

Freshservice product team

3 people like this

Can one of the admins confirm if we need to create a new request for these tweaks? or if the implemented stamp can be taken away? I think it's important not to let these issues float without being captured somewhere

2 people like this

Regarding the move to BCC emails - Communication is not just about listening but also ensuring those that need to know were included on communication. Mangers want to ensure their team was communicated to, team members want to know their team knows or other affected parties know - so to blanket BCC every announcement does not promote effective communication. I understand this was done for MSP's but you also have to understand BCC usage in an organization does not promote effective communication is just not a good practice. Please either stop sending the emails as BCC or give options to send the email as BCC or To.

1 person likes this

The new Announcements improvements are now live. 

- Schedule an announcement to be visible to your users whenever you choose.  

Have a scheduled outage this weekend ? Create your announcement earlier and schedule it to be posted on the helpdesk at    the right time. You can also leave announcements running for as long as you want and auto-archive them afterwards.

- Control whom the announcement is visible to.  

Choose the specific groups/departments/companies (MSP mode) that are impacted by the announcement and let only them know. 

- Notify users over email. 

Want to pro-actively notify your users rather than wait for them to see your announcement on the helpdesk portal ? Easy. Just   choose to send a created announcement by email . At the time when your announcement is posted on the helpdesk, it will also    be sent over email.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on the new announcements. We'll be making a few more small tweaks in the coming days, but wanted to get this out to you for your feedback, so do let us know here.

Thanks,

Freshservice Product Team

1 person likes this

Clearly no one moderates these discussions....

1 person likes this

I agree, we really need a way to have internal announcements for the tech staff, and public announcements for our end users. 

1 person likes this

Please do not remove the BCC! I'm not sure I follow the use case explained above, but we cannot publish names and addresses of all end users for privacy reasons as would be the case if the TO or CC fields are used. Furthermore, use of BCC removes the ability for intentional (or more like unintentational) Reply-to-All - also a privacy issue as well as poor communication.

Brendon, I can see the way you use this product may require you to use the BCC field, however, I can relate to what Jeff is saying as well. Hopefully Freshservice will be able to accommodate everyone here!

The way we use this feature in our company seems to be very similar to what Jeff explained above. To break it down a little bit - we will send out targeted announcements to departments, and it would be nice for managers/team members to be able to see that everyone who should have received the announcement, received it. With the BCC field, this isn't possible. 

It is always nice to keep everyone in mind when adding/modifying features since people use the system in ways that are useful to them! Not every company has the same privacy requirements as Brendon's does, so please keep us in mind as well. Bringing back the ability to send in the TO field would be great - maybe just a simple check box to determine what field to put the recipients in would suffice. I don't see why we can't all win here!

This is great been after it for ages but I had to stumble across it rather then it being announced in the "Whats new" announcement in the agents portal. Think you should be making people aware of this as for us and I assume others this is a major improvement. One thing I think should be changed ASAP is by default the email option should be un-ticked as this could cause some major issues if the wrong group/company is selected or Agents decide to have a play as they do, could save some embarrassment? Also all email addresses are visible to the end user, for us and others using the MSP mode this isn't great and needs some work before it is truly usable for clients either by sending individual emails, grouping them so as personal emails are not visible to all or at the very least using the BCC field for the recipients?

Following on from Dan's message it would be great to be able to filer agents out or to send by agent groups as opposed to all agents due to some agent notifications not being relevant.

For example a member of the finance team here is an agent so that they can access the CMDB for asset information so it would to be able to edit the list receiving if need be.

Also agree on changing the default status to not email 100%

Is this new feature only for specific pricing plans? I don't see this option anywhere on a free account. And the news section doesn't state anything about restrictions to certain plans. Or perhaps this feature is broken at the moment?

John - When I go to announcements and create a new announcement the function to do group communication is still there. We are on a paid plan.

Ditto - any updates on the loss of functionality?

Jeff, that is why: you're on a paid plan. Freshdesk replied to my feedback on their new feature. It's only on the Garden plan and up. Unfortunately Freshdesk failed to indicate anywhere in their announcement as to which plans offer this new feature.

From Freshdesk: "Sorry for the inconvenience. Announcements feature is available only from Garden plan onwards."

Sorry to hear that John. 

To add to Dan and Craig's dialog. I also agree that it would be helpful to have email unchecked to prevent accidental email communication. It would also be nice to auto include all agents and have the option to uncheck an agent or two as for the most part all agents should know about what is being announced with some exceptions such as a developer and a topic not of interest to them.

Regarding Dan being an MSP and BCC field the email communication - for any company its best to use the To field so users and Managers can clearly see who knows about the important announcement. So please don't bcc the communication and instead maybe give the MSP users an option to BCC if/when needed? I believe this product is mostly being used by individual companies so the option should be to check bcc for the MSP users. Just my two cents so we can all get what we need! Thanks again for the continual improvement it is so very appreciated.

Login or Signup to post a comment