Start a new topic

Dashboard user

I want to display the dashboard on a monitor in the office but dont want to use a normal Agent logon for security reasons but also don't want to use one of our paid agent licences, it would be good to have a way to display just the dashboard but with a free view only licence.

7 people like this idea

This is what I need.  I just had one of my guys submit a request for this exact thing.

I'm guessing that when FreshPlugs get released, we can do something like this, but that's a WAG with a side order of hoping.

1 person likes this

Yes,I too would like to do this. We use SSO with Azure AD, so don't want to have these logins being used for dashboards. It would also create a requirement to change passwords on the dashboard periodicly as well.

I agree. Allocating a paid login to this task seems like an overkill. I would also like to see a free license for display/output.

I gave up waiting on this and ended up tailoring a powershell script to retrieve the details (via API) I was interested in for display on our PRTG dashboard. Not pretty, but better than a complete absence of helpdesk data on our screens.

1 person likes this

You willing to share that script perhaps? ;)

Here you go.

You will need to add your own Helpdesk URL, API Key & 'View' values.

I created views for 'All Open Tickets' & 'All Pending Tickets'

# This script queries a 'View' from a Freshservice Helpdesk using the API and passes it to PRTG.
# The Script should be stored in the custom sensors directory of the PRTG installattion
# Typically c:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXE\
# View number from URL must be passed as a paramater
# eg for ; use 249389
# Initial code adapted from work by John Berry -
#$view = '999999' #Uncomment for testing
$helpdeskURL = ''
$encodedCredentials = [Convert]::ToBase64String([Text.Encoding]::ASCII.GetBytes(("{0}:{1}" -f $APIKey,$null))) 
$HTTPHeaders = @{} 
$HTTPHeaders.Add('Authorization', ("Basic {0}" -f $encodedCredentials)) 
$HTTPHeaders.Add('Content-Type', 'application/json') 

$URL = $helpdeskURL + '/helpdesk/tickets/view/' + $view + '?format=json'
#output for below line must be suppressed or it causes an error in PRTG
($Tickets = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $URL -Headers $HTTPHeaders -UseBasicParsing | convertFrom-Json) >$null 2>&1

$result =  $Tickets.Count

write-host $result,":OK"

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment