A LinkedIn Live series with IT leaders. Save a seat for episode 2 with Derek Rose, Group Head of IT & Deputy CIO, V.Group. Register Now

Start a new topic
Planned

Ability to Customize Ticket Source List Items

Currently the dropdown for the source of the ticket is limited to what is hard coded. It would be extremely beneficial to allow this list to be customized. For example, if Freshservice is being used for an internal helpdesk, we need the ability to add things like walk-in or verbal ticket sources, instead of just Chat, or Phone, etc. 

42 people like this idea

Please update the status on this. If you cannot edit the Sources, at least allow us to hide the unnecessary ones.

4 people like this

This. Our organization too has walkups (I would imagine most do) and its key to be able to measure the volume that comes in via walkups so that we can adjust staffing levels. 

Please add this ability. 

4 people like this

Hi 

Apologies for not replying to this post for so long. 

This is something that we are working on this quarter.  From this thread and other feedback, I believe these are the 3 core use cases around sources. 

1. Deletion some of the default sources. We have default sources such as Yammer, Workplace etc. These are not relevant to most of the organizations, therefore the IT teams want to delete these sources. 

2. Assignment of source while creating ticket. A lot of times employees walk up to the IT teams to raise a ticket, but when an agent creates such a ticket, the source is set to Phone by default. Agents want to be able to edit the source while creating a ticket. 

3. Creation of custom sources. I would love to hear use cases for this one, the more specific, the better :)

This will also help with some of the other things we are building such as Alert Management (Tickets created in Freshservice from a network monitoring tool) and integration with some of the enterprise messaging tools. If you are interested in any of these as well, leave a comment below, I will get in touch with you. :)

cheers

joe

4 people like this

As mentioned above: when an agent creates a ticket (via "New Ticket"), its source internally defaults to "Phone", without even showing this setting to the agent -- let alone allowing the agent to override it.

In those cases where "Phone" does not accurately describe the ticket's true source: not only is it frustrating to have such an inaccuracy irreversibly forced upon the ticket, but it also creates confusion with regard to Freshcaller-originated tickets (that correctly do have "Phone" as their source)!

3 people like this

The majority of my tickets are opened via walk-in, not phone or email, so this would be extremely useful.

Also the ability to change the default from "Phone" to something else.

2 people like this

Thanks for your inputs. We understand that Walk-ups are common with internal helpdesks, so we are currently working on adding 'Walk-up' as a source for tickets. This should be available in the coming weeks. After that, we will explore the possibility of adding custom source for tickets.  

Thanks,

Freshservice Product Team

2 people like this

Bumping this topic, as it would be a very useful feature.

2 people like this

I agree. Ability to change the list values to accommodate other forms of communication, e.g., walk-in, text, would be very helpful.

2 people like this

Hi David

The approach we have taken is similar to what you have suggest. Indicative timeline for this is Q1. 

cheers

joe

1 person likes this

Any update on how to change the default source?  

1 person likes this

I don't even see a way to change source.   If you create an incident, it just defaults to "phone".   I had to add a secondary "source" field and ignore the built in one to have accurate source info.   

(You can change it AFTER creating the incident, yes, but that's not helpful.)   

1 person likes this

I agree this should be a feature! We should be able to customize the "Source" listing selections, along with being able to select the source when creating new tickets.

1 person likes this

Agreed. We had this problem with Freshdesk too (we recently migrated to Freshservice)

We've had to resort to user a custom field for this purpose. Not a great solution

1 person likes this

Recently purchased Fresh service > this has been a very common complaint from my team of over 50. Seems like an extremely basic function to not have in place for a fairly mature program. Based on this thread, it sounds like fresh service is trying to refine the list, not give customers the ability to customize. The answer seems pretty straight forward (in my humble opinion) - base the list on your existing support channels (Phone, EMail, Portal, Widget) - Defaults/cannot delete. Then give the customer the ability to add custom fields as needed (Walkup, monitoring, Text, chat, etc.). Is there a timeline for any changes? Trying to provide my team details and positives for switching to this system. 

1 person likes this

i agree we need to be able to customize the source fields

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment