Creating custom email automations specific to groups when tickets are created or updated helps agents save time and meet unique requests. To do that, you need to,
- Disable default email notification for groups
- Set up customized email notifications through Automator
Disable default email notification for groups
To disable default email notifications for groups in Freshservice, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Freshservice account and navigate to Admin.
- Under Account Settings, click on the Email notifications option.
- In the Email Notifications section, toggle off the box next to Ticket assigned to Group and Ticket unattended in Group notifications.
Set up customized email notifications through Automator
To set up customized email notifications for different groups,
- Login to your Freshservice account as an administrator.
- Navigate to ‘Admin’ from the menu. Under the ‘Automation & Productivity’ section, click on ‘Workflow Automator.’
- Click on ‘New Workflow’ and choose Event based workflow option.
- Give your rule a title and click Create.
- Set the Event as Ticket is raised.
- Drag and drop a Condition block and set the required conditions.
- Drag and drop an Action block, choose the action as Send email, and customize the notification per your business use case.
- Click Activate to enable the automation rule to work on upcoming tickets.