If you are a Managed Service Provider (MSP), you can have multiple end user portals set up in your helpdesk. There are two levels of security settings that can be applied, the Service Desk Security and Portal Security.
Your main (default) portal is your service desk portal – the one used by your agents to login to your helpdesk. To access the security settings of your helpdesk, go to Admin -> Service Desk Security.
Security settings at the Service Desk level
In Service Desk Security, the following options are available:
- Single Sign-On
- Secure Connection using SSL
- IP Restriction - (Global)
- Session Timeout - (Global)
- Admin Notifications - (Global)
- Password Policy - (Global)
The settings marked as global are applicable to all the portals in your helpdesk. The SSO and SSL settings can be applied on a portal level. So, when these settings are applied in the Service Desk Security section, they'll work only for your Service Desk and the default Service Desk Portal.
Please note that if you have SSO enabled in your Helpdesk, the Password Policy from Service Desk Security will be applied to the portals that do not have SSO enabled.
Security settings at Portal level
If you signed up for Freshservice after March 16th, 2020, here's how you need to setup the security policies for MSP accounts.
For every portal that is configured in your helpdesk, you can:
- Set up SSO (Simple or SAML-based)
- Request for and activate secure connection using SSL
To achieve this,
1. Go to Admin -> Channels > Support Portals
2. Edit an existing portal or create a new portal by clicking New Portal.
3. In the Security Section, you can activate the SSO and also enable the SSL connection. (Settings such as the Simple SSO Shared Secret and the SSL request form will be visible only after the new portal has been saved successfully the first time).