Start a new topic

embed search bar

Can I embed the search bar in my own site? I'd like to enable my clients to search both solutions and forums.

Thanks!

2 people have this question

I'm afraid there's no way to embed just the search bar in your site, Lulu. Ideally, clients need to come to your support portal to access your knowledge base and forums. You can, however, add a link to the portal on your website to guide them to it.

Please do let us know if you need any help from us.

Regards,

Sajeesh

Thanks Sajeesh. That's a shame. Is it possible for us to take advantage of your open API to create search bar in my website, but search solutions and forum posts in freshdesk?

Hi Lulu. Let me apologise for my first response. You can actually embed the search field in your website.

To do that, go to the Admin console. Scroll all the way down to the Customer Portal section and click on Feedback widget. There, you'll find code to embed both a 'popup widget' and an 'embed widget'. Although the widgets contain the search bar and the form to create a ticket, you can hide the form in case you don't need it.

Hope it helps :)

Sajeesh

How do do this?  I don't see anyway to just show the search "part" of the widget.  Thanks!

Tracie

The instructions above can produce a feedback form with a search bar in the iframe. However, if one wants just a search bar, it doesn't appear to work. Tracie's request seems to have gone unanswered.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment