The start and end time are probably the most vital aspects of a release. They will potentially determine how long your services might be unavailable and any downtime that your users might face. It is important that you define them well ahead before you go on and roll-out your release.
In Freshservice, you will have to define specific start dates and end dates for your releases. This will denote the time when you will start working on the release and getting things ready. In addition, you also need to mention the start time and end times which will refer to the exact time you are rolling-out the release.
Planning the release well ahead will also give your team an idea of whether they will have time to push more changes through. So you could consider creating an announcement about the release so that word reaches agents quickly.
Quick guide to adding start times and end times to your release:
- Open up any release in your service desk from the Dashboard or the Releases tab.
- In the sidebar on the right-hand side, under Properties, look for Planned Start Date and Planned End Date fields.
- Define a start time and date for the release.
- Similarly, define a start time and end time for the release.
- Click on the Update button to finalize your changes.