Forrester's Total Economic Impact of Freshservice on IT Service Management Download Report

Start a new topic

Customer escalations from the ticket

I would like to give our customers the option of being able to escalate the call if they deem that it is taking too long to resolve. 

Having logged a call the customer could log back into the call and tick the "escalate my call" button (tick box). The button would not be available until the call had run 1/3rd of the SLA. 

I have not been able to find a way to manipulate the form using business rules which would hide / unhide the escalate button until required has anyone done anything similar ? 

1 person has this question

Hi Dave,

We understand your requirement and we have a workaround to achieve this.

You can create two custom checkbox ticket fields which are hidden by default via business rules. Using supervisor rules, you can update a ‘True’ value to the first custom checkbox field when ⅓ of your SLA time period has elapsed during business hours.

Now you can set up a business rule such that the actual ‘Escalation’ checkbox field is made visible to the requesters on the customer portal only if the first checkbox field value is set to ‘True’.

Let us know if this would help. For more information on business rules check here.

Cheers :)

Regards,
Sanofar
Team Freshservice

Login or Signup to post a comment