Thank you Sysadmins! Show some love, join a contest, and win $100 USD, you deserve it all. Win $100 USD

Start a new topic

Data fed Drop Down

I am looking for a way to have the values in a drop down fed data. Right now I only see a method to manually add values. I have not found any documentation on if this is possible. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Hi Sean,

We have a recently released a feature for ‘Custom Drop Down fields’ in Service Items wherein end-users can select values from a specific “Data Source”

To do this, go to any Service Item and scroll down to the custom fields section and drag & drop a “Drop Down” field and you will find the below screen.

You can then select a specific set of options like “Locations” , “Requesters” , “Assets”, etc and you can further dynamically create conditions based on the above selection.

In the example above, when you request for the service item containing the configured drop down option, you will be only able to select the “Agents” part of Department as “Customer Support AND Agent Group as Capacity Management Team.

P.S : We currently do not support these data source fields in Workflow Automation as well as for Reporting purposes. Also, our team is extensively working on an upcoming feature named “Business Objects” that should allow lookup fields as well as Custom Data Sources. We will keep you posted on further progress on the same in this thread. 

Regards,

Pranav B

Team Freshservice 

Login or Signup to post a comment