Start a new topic

Add year to holiday date

I would like to be able to schedule holidays out beyond one year. At my workplace, for instance, Independence Day is observed on July 3, 2020, but next year that same holiday is observed on July 5, 2021.

I would like to be able to place both holidays on the list ahead of time, but right now, I can only have July 3 ... and two days later July 5.

Thanks!

1 person likes this idea

This would be a great feature.  Right now, it looks like I will have to manually clear out the previous year's dates and put the new year's dates in?  

Yes, for the United State Independence Day example above, once July 3 has passed - and not before July 5, you have to go into holidays and remove July 3 ... and add July 5 ... so that July 5, 2020, is in the past but July 5, 2021 has not yet occurred.

The current way of calendar'ing holidays assumes that a given holiday occurs on the same MM-DD every single year, which is not the case in the United States very often, especially at certain types of workplaces where - if the *date* of the holiday falls on a weekend, the day off work and therefore the day off resolving tickets is set for the Friday or Monday adjacent.

Login or Signup to post a comment