I'm in the process of setting up our Freshservice instance but have run into an issue with email going from Freshservice to our end users. When an email from Freshservice is received in Outlook it has two errors under the address details:
"We could not verify the identity of the sender"
"The actual sender of this message is different than the normal sender"
I've setup the SPF record correctly and can see from the message header that the SPF check has passed.
I've also setup a rule in exchange online which sets the emails to bypass the spam filter with a report being sent to myself every time the rule is triggered so I can see this is also working as it should, I can also see in the message header that the SCL is set to -1.
I've also tried adding the address to our safe sender list but this made no difference either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I believe you've followed the steps correctly, however, we're unsure as to why this has happened. I'm going to have our support team get in touch with you over an email and have this issue sorted out for you.
Thanks for using Freshservice!
I hope you received a response from the support team regarding this issue. Let us know if you need any further assistance. We’ll be happy to check and update you.
I had that exact same issue - spent about an hour online with Microsoft Support before we found that in addition to the bypass rules I had to allow spoofing for that sender address using the "Spoof Intelligence policy" option at https://protection.office.com/antispam. Hopefully this helps someone else using Office 365.