Start a new topic
Not Taken

Additional forum features

I'd like to use the forum feature to encourage collaboration among our customers but there are a couple of features that are either not in the product or which I do not know how to configure.

I'd like for people participating in the forum to have the option to receive email notifications when the forum or when their specific topic has been replied to, commented on, liked, etc.

Also, the default layout of the comments and replies is just a chronological list.  This is confusing when different topic threads are being discussed.  I'd like to see these organized hierarchically so that everything in a single discussion is in one branch of a tree..

5 people like this idea

Hi Chuck ,

Thanks for your feedback. In Freshservice we don't have Forums feature. We believe the community has moved to social feeds and comments. First cut we will be providing integration with a private social network like Yammer. However this is not available in our immediate Roadmap

Thanks and Regards

Shihab

Integration with Disqus would be great.

Disqus and Hipchat would be good starts, especially since you already have an integration with Jira.

Hi Bradley/Bethany,

You can set up integrations with both Disqus and Hipchat through 'Zapier'.

To do that, go to https://zapier.com/ and sign up (unless you're already using it). Then click on 'Make a Zap'. You can create several if-this-then-that rules between the apps.

Good luck! Let us know if you need further help.

Regards,

Sajeesh

I would like to see a forum feature in the Freshservice as well. I notice it is in FreshDesk so find it strange its not in Freshservice as an option.

We currently don't have an internal company forum so would be nice to keep it all in the one place with our tickets and solutions. 

Hello, 

I am just following up on this request for customer collaboration using FS. Since Slack can be used as a plug in, would it be possible to open Slack channels to all customers signed up on FS?

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin