We understand that lack of self service adoption is one of the biggest pain points of IT teams. The backbone of self-service is availability of Knowledge base articles and accessibility to these articles. For the former problem, we want to enhance the content creation experience, so that IT teams can create more content, easily. We plan to enhance Knowledge base through the following:
1. Better Editor - The current editor is, let's admit it, not the best out there. We want to create a better editor that makes it easier to write and format articles.
2. Approvals - Now Managers can set ensure the format and review the content of the solution before it is published. Managers can set approver (one or many) at folder level, and all articles created inside that folder will have to be approved before it can be published.
3. Review Date - In a lot of organizations, the processes change and tools evolve, and solutions team finds it hard to keep the articles updated. Now you can set Review Date for the articles, you will be reminded on that date to review the particular article.
4. Analytics - It's important to get feedback and understand which articles were helpful in resolving an issue. Now you can see the number of views for each article, along with the helpful and not helpful votes and number of times an article was inserted into a ticket by an agent.
5. Better Access Controls - You can restrict agents to have view-only permission to the article and not have edit permissions to a particular article. This works best for cases where different functions within the organization are using Freshservice - HR is an agent and they can only view IT articles but can edit and create HR articles.
Nope, just a notice that's it's done, so I don't miss it! :)
Got it. :) Will send out an email when we enable.
Good news that this is nearly there! It'd be great to be onboard for the first release too please if possible.
did you receive my registration on the forms?
Hoping to see template capability added in. :) Can I get in on the early access to the new knowledge base?
Any update here? Thanks!
Enabled to 80% of the customers who signed up for early access. Will cover the remaining in the next few days. You will also be receiving an email shortly.
Looks great. Two issues so far:
can't wait to see this, can I get in the beta?
From what I'm seeing review date and approvals aren't enabled yet - am I missing something?
Those enhancements will be enabled iteratively in less than a month(~ two - three weeks), as posted earlier (~10 replies back) in this thread. I will keep updating this thread when we add those enhancements.
Thanks for enabling the KB on our site, is the Requester view of the solutions also being update to the new tree structure?
Great, thank you!
Hi @Laurence - No changes to the requester view, it will continue to remain same.
Hi, can this be enabled on our Test instance, please?