Thank you Sysadmins! Show some love, join a contest, and win $100 USD, you deserve it all. Win $100 USD

Start a new topic
In Progress

Knowledge base enhancements

We understand that lack of self service adoption is one of the biggest pain points of IT teams. The backbone of self-service is availability of Knowledge base articles and accessibility to these articles. For the former problem, we want to enhance the content creation experience, so that IT teams can create more content, easily. We plan to enhance Knowledge base through the following: 

1. Better Editor - The current editor is, let's admit it, not the best out there. We want to create a better editor that makes it easier to write and format articles. 

2. Approvals - Now Managers can set ensure the format and review the content of the solution before it is published. Managers can set approver (one or many) at folder level, and all articles created inside that folder will have to be approved before it can be published. 

3. Review Date - In a lot of organizations, the processes change and tools evolve, and solutions team finds it hard to keep the articles updated. Now you can set Review Date for the articles, you will be reminded on that date to review the particular article.

4. Analytics - It's important to get feedback and understand which articles were helpful in resolving an issue. Now you can see the number of views for each article, along with the helpful and not helpful votes and number of times an article was inserted into a ticket by an agent. 

5. Better Access Controls - You can restrict agents to have view-only permission to the article and not have edit permissions to a particular article. This works best for cases where different functions within the organization are using Freshservice - HR is an agent and they can only view IT articles but can edit and create HR articles. 

Joe

39 people like this idea

Nope, just a notice that's it's done, so I don't miss it! :)

Got it. :) Will send out an email when we enable. 

cheers

Good news that this is nearly there!  It'd be great to be onboard for the first release too please if possible.

Hi,

did you receive my registration on the forms?

Hoping to see template capability added in. :) Can I get in on the early access to the new knowledge base?

1 person likes this

Any update here?  Thanks!

Enabled to 80% of the customers who signed up for early access. Will cover the remaining in the next few days. You will also be receiving an email shortly. 

thanks

joe

Looks great. Two issues so far:

1. With tags being moved to the right side, this pushes the "Type" and "Status" dropdowns down. We have a few articles with a LOT of tags, and the screen jumps when selecting the status dropdown. It seems like those two should be above the Tags text box.
  2. Attachment URLs are showing the full Amazon AWS url in the editor page, vs the shortened freshservice attachment URL that was used in the old editor/is used in the public article page (e.g. https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshservice.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/5000707541/original/CORRECTED_Charge_and_Adjustment_Certification_Form_v1_0.docx?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIDQH3JYDERX5MLGQ%2F20191230%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20191230T142520Z&X-Amz-Expires=86400&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=08ac6da2f9e440d058392b63ff444eda0893e2c647d7e3c61a4c86c617e142bb vs https://tpco.freshservice.com/helpdesk/attachments/5000707541). We like to link to our attachments within the article body, and this makes it a lot uglier/makes the article html longer.

can't wait to see this, can I get in the beta?

From what I'm seeing review date and approvals aren't enabled yet - am I missing something?

Hi Jennifer

Those enhancements will be enabled iteratively in less than a month(~ two - three weeks), as posted earlier (~10 replies back) in this thread. I will keep updating this thread when we add those enhancements.

cheers

joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for enabling the KB on our site, is the Requester view of the solutions also being update to the new tree structure?

Laurence

Great, thank you!

Hi @Laurence - No changes to the requester view, it will continue to remain same. 

joe

Hi, can this be enabled on our Test instance, please?

Login or Signup to post a comment