A LinkedIn Live series with IT leaders. Save a seat for episode 2 with Derek Rose, Group Head of IT & Deputy CIO, V.Group. Register Now

Start a new topic

App Setup Events - Instance Unique Identifier

Hi,

Firstly, I'm sorry if this doesn't belong to this topic. (Not sure if it's a problem)

I'm trying to store something unique related with the freshdesk instance when a customer installs my app.

We are receiving a payload like this:

{ "account_id" : "value", "domain" : "value", "event" : "value", "region" : "value", "timestamp" : "value", "iparams" : { "Param1" : "value", "Param2" : "value" } }

Is the account_id the instance unique identifier? I can't consider the domain as unique because it can change easily on the future... And that could break the app.

Regards.

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your effort giving me right context.

Yes, you can use account_id as a unique identifier for each instance in the app.

Best,

Saif

1 person likes this

Hi Paulo,

I understand you're trying to confirm whether `account_id` is unique or not. 

In order to provide you best solution, can you provide me few more details?

1. Just  a High level context of use case that your app is trying to solve. [In 1 or 2 lines]
  2. Type of the App: Custom App or Marketplace App
  3. Feature or Features that your app is using? [Data API or Instance API or so on]
Best,
Saif

Hi Saif Ali,

1. I'm trying to relate app data with freshdesk instanes. I don't think it's a good idea to use the instance url as unique, because it can be change and could brake database relationships...

2. Marketplace App

3. Serverless - App Setup Events:

{ "account_id" : "value", "domain" : "value", "event" : "value", "region" : "value", "timestamp" : "value", "iparams" : { "Param1" : "value", "Param2" : "value" } }
Is this account_id a unique identifier for instances? That don't change...

Kind regards,
Paulo Alves.

Thank you Saif Ali! :)

Paulo Alves.

Login or Signup to post a comment