Start a new topic
Implemented

Asset List Page - Usability Improvements

We are introducing a few changes to the Asset List page to make working with the asset list easier. 

Here's a list of all the changes coming up:

• The filters will always be open moving forward (similar to the Tickets list page) on the right side pane. Agents can quickly filter assets by department, location, used by or any other asset type specific field
  • The saved views will be listed on the left top similar to how it is in Tickets now
  • Any view, filters or column configuration that is selected will be persisted for every agent. I.e, if you filter the list by Location and Asset State and navigate to some other page in Freshservice and return back to the Asset list, we'll remember the filters you had set the last time. (Now the list defaults back to the All Assets list whenever the agent refreshes the page or navigates away from the list page and goes back).

We hope you'll like these upcoming changes. You'll start seeing these changes in the next 3-4 week timeframe. 

3 people like this idea

Any chance of the ability to export the filtered assets?  This would be HUGE for us.

The only option now is to export assets by type without filtering.  In our case, if we want a spreadsheet of the laptops at one of our 36 locations, we need to export all 41,000 laptops (which includes retired assets) then filter them.  Reports do not work in our case as some of our custom fields cannot be added.

2 people like this

This is a deal breaker for us if this is not on a Roadmap

Folks, The usability enhancements are now available in all accounts. There are a few more UI tweaks that will be shipped in the next few days. 

@Mary, we are considering adding WYSIWYG option for the export. Will keep you posted. On a side note, all the custom fields are now available in analytics. Please let me know if you can't find the fields you need, can work with you on that.

Best,

Sid

1 person likes this

Please move past considering to implementation on exporting filters.  Analytics only goes so far as we cannot do all asset types by location.  Exporting of filters is a huge need for us.

Thanks

@Brian, let's discuss this on our call tomorrow.  I just discovered something in Analytics that might help.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin