webinarAttend our Q3 feature roundup webinar on November 21, 2019 Save your Seat

Start a new topic
Implemented

Tabular view for Tickets

Introducing table structured UI for tickets that will let agents consume important details about the ticket in a more efficient manner. 

With this enhancement, agents will be able to customise columns on the table - pick and choose what information is relevant and have them displayed in one single view. All fields on the ticket form (excluding the paragraph text fields) will be available for configuration on the table. The enhancement will include inline edit support for the following fields - Priority, Agent, Status and Group.

All the existing functionalities such as filtering and sorting, and creation of views will be supported in the new table UI as well.

Here's a preview of the update -

39 people like this idea

Hello, how can I kow? and how can i change between MSP mode and Service Desk mode?

And why you don't implement in all modes?

Hi Sundar,

We mapped "Location" to the "City" field when importing requesters. Is it possible to show a requester field as column? Is not a ticket field.

Why is the ticket number not its own column? Why is it still part of the Subject???

1 person likes this

Hello Hani,

Department and Company are the same fields. In MSP Mode, this column tracks different departments internal to the organisation, but in MSP mode this column tracks external companies that your organisation supports (in MSP Mode). If you are an MSP providing IT support to external customers, we recommend that you switch your Freshservice account to MSP Mode. You can do so from the account settings page. More info here - https://support.freshservice.com/support/solutions/articles/206585-how-to-switch-your-freshservice-service-desk-to-msp-and-back-

Hi Jannick,

Requester fields are not currently available for selection in the Tickets Table view. However, I understand your need here. Will add this request to our backlog.

Hi Nick,

Ticket number and Subject are combined into a single column for optimal use of real estate as both fields primarily solve the same purpose - help identify a Ticket. But curious, could you help us understand why you would require it as a separate column?

Appreciate your feedback.

-

Sundar

Product @ Freshservice

@Sundararajan Srinivasan Murapakkam

I'm getting the same request from my agents as @Nick Naylor. I agree it's not strictly necessary since you can search by the ticket number or sort by the created date which will put the ticket numbers in order, however not everyone likes having to search a ticket number and they like everything to be quickly accessible from the UI while not typing anything. I think a middle ground would be to change the format of the subject field to have the ticket number at the beginning of the subject so the ticket number shows up in a neat column rather than all over the screen.

Example with extra fun thrown in. If my black bars not being lined up perfectly upsets you then it's the same effect for the ticket numbers not being lined up. It just looks messy.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin