Start a new topic
Implemented

Dynamic Sections for Service Catalog items configuration

With this update, admins can make the service catalog item forms dynamic. The forms can be configured to make certain set of fields on a Service catalog item, appear only when a certain value is selected on a drop-down field. This will allow requesters to view only the relevant fields when filing service requests, and the system to capture only the relevant information for the service request.

For example, on a Service Request form for 'RAM Upgrade', you'd like to ask for the department head's email ID, if the upgrade request is for more than 16GB of RAM. You can make use of dynamic sections.

Here's a sneak peak at the mocks.

PS: This functionality is similar to what is already available for Ticket form configurations

37 people like this idea

We have been waiting for this for so long! Can't wait to see this implemented.

2 people like this

When is the planned rollout?

1 person likes this

can't wait for this to go in production. this would help us create more elaborate service request helping our agents solve them quicker.

Can't wait for this. When can we look forward to this.

1 person likes this

Looking forward to when this will be available! :D

Looking good! This is a much needed feature. 

It would also make sense to be able to make the cost dependent on field selections.

"PS: This functionality is similar to what is already available for Ticket form configurations"

Could you elaborate on this? At least our tenant lacks such functionality (just dependent drop-down menus). 

I think they're referring more to what is currently available for incident forms; the ability to have sections and a bit more customisation around them.

Hi,

Dynamic sections for Tickets are available for all accounts. You can get more information on how to use the functionality here.

Hope this helps.

-

Sundar

Product @ Freshservice

Right, right. This helped indeed!

What about Service Catalog as mentioned in very first post? Basically you wrote that it will be similar to "what is already available for Ticket form configurations" and now you extended Ticket form configuration only?

Moreover above functionality is not giving real benefit as it doesn't support built-in "Category" field.

Hi Artur,

I think I was not clear. We're building this functionality for Service catalog forms. 

This is, however, already available for Incident forms - which is what I shared.

Regarding Dynamic Sections not being available on Category fields - Point taken. We've provided dynamic section capability only on custom drop-downs. I'll take this in as a feature request.

Thank you.

-

Sundar

Product @ Freshservice

2 people like this

Any estimate when?

1 person likes this

Any clues as to when this will be implemented?

1 person likes this

Hey folks,

The feature should be available by mid/end of August. Stay tuned!

Thanks.

-

Sundar

Product @ Freshservice

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment