Start a new topic
Implemented

Microsoft Teams app for Freshservice

The Microsoft Teams apps for Freshservice send notifications to agents on Teams regarding newly assigned tickets and also regarding updates being made to them. Agents can also now interact with the bot to fetch information regarding tickets and changes to help collaborate in the context of the ticket/change.

Use case 1: IT Agents can now get notified in MS Teams regarding newly assigned incidents. The agents will also be notified about conversations being added to the ticket and also regarding any updates made to the status and priority. Agents can also perform certain quick actions like adding notes/reply on the tickets within the Teams interface.(Mocks below to showcase the interaction)

Use case 2: Agents can now interact with the bot (either one to one or can be used inside a team) to fetch contextual information about tickets and changes, collaborate and perform certain quick actions without leaving the Team’s interface. (Mocks below to showcase the interaction)

49 people like this idea

Will this work if we have MSP enabled?

Hi Everybody, if you are facing issues in setting up the Freshservice <> Microsoft Teams integration, please create a ticket at support.freshservice.com so that our team can help you out asap.

@Marcella, it should work in the MSP account. However, only one Freshservice instance can be tied to only one tenant of Microsoft Teams. It is a one to one mapping today. 

Can someone update this when the permission issue is solved? Thanks :)

Hi Everyone, we have reached out to you via the support tickets to fix the permission related issue. You can follow the detailed solution article here. If you still face any issues, please raise a support ticket at support@freshservice.com so that we can help fix the issue. 

I had it working Friday but go to look today and asked the service bot to fetch group tickets and today is is saying that it is installed in Teams and not in Freshservice which is crap as I had installed it that way on Friday.  This App with Teams is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FIX IT and quick or I'm leaving Freshservice for a service who cares for its customers.

ServiceBot is not listed for me. Have searched in the app and online.

Is ServiceBot limited to certain types of customers, or certain geographic regions, or certain tenants?

@Jeff, I have started a support thread with you regarding the issue. My team is looking into it with high priority. We will revert to you with a fix asap. In the meantime, if you have any queries, feel free to send a reply on that thread so that we can help you out asap. 

@Joshua, just checked with the Microsoft team.  From Team's side, the app is live for all tenants globally. However, the app may not appear for specific Teams tenants if the Teams admin has disabled the same in Teams admin portal. If you are still not able to see the app, I would request you to reach out to your Microsoft Team's POC to help fix the issue. 

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin