Start a new topic
Implemented

Microsoft Teams app for Freshservice

The Microsoft Teams apps for Freshservice send notifications to agents on Teams regarding newly assigned tickets and also regarding updates being made to them. Agents can also now interact with the bot to fetch information regarding tickets and changes to help collaborate in the context of the ticket/change.

Use case 1: IT Agents can now get notified in MS Teams regarding newly assigned incidents. The agents will also be notified about conversations being added to the ticket and also regarding any updates made to the status and priority. Agents can also perform certain quick actions like adding notes/reply on the tickets within the Teams interface.(Mocks below to showcase the interaction)

Use case 2: Agents can now interact with the bot (either one to one or can be used inside a team) to fetch contextual information about tickets and changes, collaborate and perform certain quick actions without leaving the Team’s interface. (Mocks below to showcase the interaction)

49 people like this idea

3 people like this

Hi Everybody

Freshservice <> Microsoft Teams App is live on both the marketplaces. To use the app, please follow the below steps - 

1. Under the Admin Tab, click on Apps under Helpdesk Productivity.

2. Search for Microsoft Teams in the Marketplace and click on Install.

3. Authenticate with the admin credentials of your Teams tenant.

4. Login to your Microsoft Teams account and go to apps in the General channel of your

team, you’ll find the ServiceBot.

5. To get started your Bot updates, associate your MS team with the respective

Freshservice group and click on Add ServiceBot.

6. The Bot will push all the tickets assigned to your Freshservice group on the General Channel of the Team linked to the group.

7. To know more about the Bot, text “help” to the Bot or click on the Freshservice icon.

We are working to publish the solution article with detailed steps and screenshots to help you better with the install flow. In the meantime, the steps above should help you get started.

2 people like this

We're having an issue with permissions of the bot.

1 person likes this

I've had the same issue this morning trying to get it working.

I raised a support ticket with Fresh and the response I got was "be patient". Not impressed with that as a response considering it would appear to be ready for use, but otherwise I suppose there is nothing else that can be done until the permissions problem is fixed.

1 person likes this

Hopefully we'll get an update here.  Thanks for all the hard work Freshworks devs <3

Might want to update the description/instructions on the portal app. It currently says to install Freddy instead of ServiceBot.

"Install Freddy in Microsoft Teams apps marketplace. Goto teams.microsoft.com and choose More apps. Select Freddy from apps list and click on install."

Doesn’t the chat Support Channel (“Freddy”) need to be enabled in fresh service first? From what I saw, the Teams hooks appeared dependent on Freddy.

We have it enabled on our portal, but still have the issue.

Have they pulled the app from the Teams app "store" thing until the permissions issue is fixed?  I searched everything i could think of and couldn't find it.

Nope, still there.

What am i doing wrong?  I allowed it permissions when enabled...(yes i've logged out and back in)

Hi all

For the issue with permissions, could you please try the below steps and let us know if that fixes the issue?

Step 1: Please uninstall the bot on the Microsoft teams with team scope and the personal scope.

Step 2: Please uninstall the app from Freshservice.

Step 3: Once this is done, please install the Microsoft Team app within Freshservice first.

Step 4: Once you have installed the app on Freshservice, please re-install the service bot in Microsoft teams.

Also, we would need to ensure that the email address for your profile in Microsoft teams and Freshservice are the same.

Please try the above steps and let us know if that works. Else, we'll reach out to you through a support ticket and assist you in resolving the issue

Same issue in our instance.

Is there a way to have the issue card so more information, such as who opened the issue?

Is it possible to have the bot post to other channels, rather than General? It'd be nice to have a channel solely dedicated to tickets.

Login or Signup to post a comment