Start a new topic
Implemented

Microsoft Teams app for Freshservice

The Microsoft Teams apps for Freshservice send notifications to agents on Teams regarding newly assigned tickets and also regarding updates being made to them. Agents can also now interact with the bot to fetch information regarding tickets and changes to help collaborate in the context of the ticket/change.

Use case 1: IT Agents can now get notified in MS Teams regarding newly assigned incidents. The agents will also be notified about conversations being added to the ticket and also regarding any updates made to the status and priority. Agents can also perform certain quick actions like adding notes/reply on the tickets within the Teams interface.(Mocks below to showcase the interaction)

Use case 2: Agents can now interact with the bot (either one to one or can be used inside a team) to fetch contextual information about tickets and changes, collaborate and perform certain quick actions without leaving the Team’s interface. (Mocks below to showcase the interaction)

49 people like this idea

Eric,

Actually, it's going to be released 4 months ago, 3 months ago, 2 months ago and 1 month ago. We are also going to be updated 2 weeks ago. 

2 people like this

Continues to boggle the mind how inept Freshworks staff are at doing the very things their products are designed to help their clients do - receive requests, prioritise them, work on them, deliver them, all the while communicating with the users in an effective fashion.

Teams integration was first suggested in February 2017. The first sign of work was when this topic was created over two years later. We have had predictions of mid-June release, mid-July release, early August release.

How hard is it to just once a week pop into the thread and say "Sorry all, we are still waiting to hear back from Microsoft about bot approval. Will update you again next week, or as soon as I have more information." That's basic stuff. Instead we get updates on average once a month, half of which have been to announce delays.

I hope the bot works well; I hope it gets developed over time; I hope we're close to the end. But no positive end outcome can gloss over the fact that Freshworks are providing a standard of customer service in this area that would see all their clients go broke if they copied it. Simply not good enough.

4 people like this

Hi Everybody, from the last time I had updated the details here, the app has cleared the first round of validation and is in the final stages of the store validation process. There were a few user experience related changes, which were resolved and submitted again yesterday. Ideally, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days for the team to approve and get the app live. Thanks all for your patience all this while. I will update the forum here as soon as I get any more info.  

2 people like this

Like the idea, waiting as well.

1 person likes this

Any update from Microsoft on this, Sudipta?

Sudipta - Can I suggest that rather than waiting until you feel you have big news before posting an update, you commit to posting at least once per week and also at any significant date which you have predicted? For example, when you say 'Ideally, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days for the team to approve and get the app live' and then a week later we're still non the wiser. Or in the past when you've said 4 weeks and then we've still been waiting for an update 2+ months later. You mention patience and we all want to be behind you, but you are more likely to keep people on-side if you keep them in the loop. As Joshua pointed out, that is the behavior which your software is supposed to encourage.

2 people like this

So is it going to launch end of October how I predicted or is it going to be pushed into November?

Yes I agree with others, your spitting out dates which have become meaningless. Going forward can you be careful on choice of words and don't officially announce dates unless you get the green light.

Thanks.

1 person likes this

Hi Everyone, as per today's conversation with the Microsoft team, they are experiencing slight delays in their approval process. We are coordinating with the concerned team and trying to get further updates related to tentative timelines. Necessary stakeholders have been updated to expedite the process. I will keep the forum updated as soon as I receive more information.

What's the latest on this?

1 person likes this

"I will keep the forum updated as soon as I receive more information."

Jeez you guys are more impatient and hysterical than Users of Mac technical support forums

1 person likes this

My guess is that Freshservice isn't really providing a Teams app but it is vaporware as it has been 2 years or so that they have "supposedly" been working on it.  Look how long it takes them to reply to posts etc.  It has supposedly been rolling out for months and then mysteriously gets pulled.

Hi Everybody, we are still coordinating with the Microsoft's app team and trying to get further updates related to tentative timelines. Necessary stakeholders have been updated to expedite the process. I will keep the forum updated as soon as I receive more information.

2 people like this

Barnaby Booth, yes, we are impatient as it has been in the works for 2 years and was supposed to come out 6 months ago so yes, we are impatient.

He's just fishing Jeff.

1 person likes this

Hi Everybody, we just got a confirmation from the Microsoft store team that the app submission process has been successfully completed and has been approved for publishing. The publishing usually takes 3-5 business days. We will send out more updates once the app is live on our marketplace and available under apps in your Teams tenant.

5 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment