Start a new topic
Implemented

Microsoft Teams app for Freshservice

The Microsoft Teams apps for Freshservice send notifications to agents on Teams regarding newly assigned tickets and also regarding updates being made to them. Agents can also now interact with the bot to fetch information regarding tickets and changes to help collaborate in the context of the ticket/change.

Use case 1: IT Agents can now get notified in MS Teams regarding newly assigned incidents. The agents will also be notified about conversations being added to the ticket and also regarding any updates made to the status and priority. Agents can also perform certain quick actions like adding notes/reply on the tickets within the Teams interface.(Mocks below to showcase the interaction)

Use case 2: Agents can now interact with the bot (either one to one or can be used inside a team) to fetch contextual information about tickets and changes, collaborate and perform certain quick actions without leaving the Team’s interface. (Mocks below to showcase the interaction)

49 people like this idea

Do we know yet if this is going to have the same functionality as the existing Skype integration? I.e. message end users from a ticket screen.

Has anyone heard about when this is supposed to happen?

Any updates would be greatly appreciated!

@Aaron, the current version of the app will not have the same functionality as the existing Skype for Business integration. 

@Peter and everybody, we are coordinating with the Microsoft validation team to complete the publishing process. Will update the forum here once we get a final date for the same. 

5 people like this

Any hope of giving end users the ability to raise a ticket via a bot in Teams?

3 people like this

It's been two weeks since the last update... Can we get another update please?

3 people like this

@sudiptaChowdhury Any update? imo i think it's wise to add 3+ weeks on whatever date is advised by the team at fresh as they rarely release on time.

2 people like this

It's clear to me that the time frame the chap mentioned, just made it up the same time he was writing his update post

1 person likes this

@Sam - 100%, They got enough pressure that they used another organization as an escape goat to get more time(yet we will never know if they have actually submitted the bot to MS O365 Team at the time they said they did). I have fully given up on expecting anything from Freshservice.... They have identified they have a product that works that customers will use. They also see it's not as easy for customers to switch platforms so because of that they feel "safe" knowing that we will stick with them (unless the basics of the program stop working). This is Lazy and Unprofessional. Customer service simply does not EXIST in this organization.

1 person likes this

Everybody, as of today, the app has passed the first round of validation (which takes the maximum time) and now it's in the final validation round. I am working with the Microsoft team to get some updates (about the go-live) in the next couple of days.  

4 people like this

We are very interested in this feature as we currently use Teams for most of our communications.

1 person likes this

Hi @Sudipta,

Thanks for the update. Eagerly waiting to implement this! 

One question, not sure if this was answered. Can requesters engage with the bot on Teams? Say that in a Teams channel will have a mix group of users who are FS agents and requesters alike. Will the requester users be able to see information from the bot and engage with it?

Thanks!

Regards,

Ashraf

Looking like an end of october release. I guess this will tide nicely with private channels which is due end of october / early november.

Sudipta - You were looking to get some updates about go-live 2 weeks ago. Did you get anywhere with that? 

1 person likes this

What is going on with this?  This would be great to have, and I hope it gets expanded on to other parts of Freshservice (solutions/etc)

1 person likes this

Hey how did this turn out? It's mentioned here it should have been rolled out in July and that was about three months ago.

Login or Signup to post a comment