Start a new topic

Unable to install FDK 4.6.1

After installing FDK 4.3.2 as directed on the Developers documentation (https://developers.freshservice.com/docs/quick-start/#install_the_sdk), the version command noted I was not running the latest version of the FDK.

Figuring I should probably be on the latest version, I attempt to install the latest version of the FDK using the following command:

sudo npm install https://dl.freshdev.io/cli/fdk-4.6.1.tgz -g

However, during installation, I'm receiving quite a few notices, including:

npm WARN deprecated json-schema-faker@0.5.0-rc13: Broken not support

npm WARN deprecated circular-json@0.3.3: CircularJSON is in maintenance only, flatted is its successor.

npm WARN deprecated nomnom@1.5.2: Package no longer supported. Contact support@npmjs.com for more info.

npm WARN deprecated cryptiles@2.0.5: This version is no longer maintained. Please upgrade to the latest version.

npm WARN deprecated boom@2.10.1: This version is no longer maintained. Please upgrade to the latest version.

npm WARN deprecated hoek@2.16.3: This version is no longer maintained. Please upgrade to the latest version.

There are two bigger problems that appear to be preventing the installation of the latest FDK:

/usr/local/bin/fdk -> /usr/local/lib/node_modules/fdk/index.js

> jsonpath@1.0.0 postinstall /usr/local/lib/node_modules/fdk/node_modules/jsonpath

> node lib/aesprim.js > generated/aesprim-browser.js

sh: generated/aesprim-browser.js: Permission denied

npm WARN ajv-keywords@2.1.1 requires a peer of ajv@^5.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! errno 1

npm ERR! jsonpath@1.0.0 postinstall: `node lib/aesprim.js > generated/aesprim-browser.js`

npm ERR! Exit status 1

npm ERR! 

npm ERR! Failed at the jsonpath@1.0.0 postinstall script.

npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

The above is occurring using Node 10.15.0 on macOS 10.14.2 Mojave.

To narrow down the issue, I tried installing the latest FDK on a fresh install of Debian 9.6 using Node 10.15.0. When doing so, the same issue occurs. (See attached.) It happens without sudo and using sudo.

Being fairly new to Node, I'm not sure where to start on troubleshooting this. Is this an issue with this specific version of Node? Is it an error in the latest FDK?

4 people have this problem

Hi Alexa,

From your screenshot, I understand that you are trying to install FDK v5.0.0 and log seems to be fine.

Try:

fdk version

If you see, 5.0.0 - You've successfully installed. 

I can see few warnings, is that what you are referring to as error?

Having the same issue trying to install fdk 5.0.0. 

macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Node 8.10.0 

npm 5.6.0

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! errno 1

npm ERR! jsonpath@1.0.1 postinstall: `node lib/aesprim.js > generated/aesprim-browser.js`

npm ERR! Exit status 1

npm ERR! 

npm ERR! Failed at the jsonpath@1.0.1 postinstall script.

npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

npm ERR!  /Users/fredrikjonsson/.npm/_logs/2019-05-04T08_38_45_582Z-debug.log

Attached log 

log

Hi! 

I have the same issue trying to install fdk 5.0.0

macOS Mojave 10.14.4

node 8.10.0

npm 5.6.0

Attached log 

log
Thanks for your quick answer . Yes, these are the warnings. Then doesn't create the directory.

Okay so I looked around github for similar issues to other installs and found a solution to my problem. 

I added --ignore-scripts to the end of the command and the install was able to complete. 

Hi Alexa,

Currently we have recommended work around fix for this issue while installing the CLI:

For Mac/Unix:

sudo npm install https://dl.freshdev.io/cli/fdk-5.0.0.tgz -g --unsafe-perm

For Windows:

npm install https://dl.freshdev.io/cli/fdk-5.0.0.tgz -g --unsafe-perm

We are currently working on it to fix this issue permanently.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin