Start a new topic

Solution Manager Agent Role or Requestor Group

I have recently rolled out Freshservice in my company and so far I've received very positive feedback. However the one area where I'm getting a lot of questions and asks are when it comes to Knowledge Management and Article submission. 

I've been trying to see if I can create a somewhat streamlined workflow to handle this in the mean time but have consistently run into roadblocks. 

Our company has several departments that have a desire to produce and maintain their knowledge in Freshservice but almost none of them will be working out of Freshservice as agents. 

I believe the ideal solution would be either a Requestor Group or Agent Role that has permission to publish and maintain solutions. 

For instance our Creative team may have specific knowledge that other departments don't necessarily need to access. I'd like to be able to give them the permit to submit and maintain articles within their department or perhaps a specific Solution Category. 

Even if I could assign them as an occasional agent with only this functionality, that would suffice. It's just proving to be unfeasible to publish and maintain all company solutions through our small IT Services team.

Have the ability to assign SMEs a Solution Manager role of some kind would solve this in short order. 

3 people like this idea

I'd like this idea and would like to take it one further. Knowledge is an important part of what we do and keeping it consistent for both the customer and internal staff ensures that it it used. Knowledge that is all over the place will not be used by the customers. 

Bring in the Knowledge Manager and workflows.

I have requested this previously but the ticket (3156387) was closed. I need to be able for staff to submit knowledge for consideration in the KB, but the Knowledge Manager need to review the submission, edit, and then publish. Only the KMs can publish articles/assets.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin