Start a new topic
Implemented

Gantt Chart for Projects

Project owners can now get into the details of a project execution, identify task bottleneck and quickly perform any corrective measures to execute the project within the deadline. Also, Gantt chart helps Project owners and Project Portfolio managers look ahead to ensure each project contributes towards achieving the organization’s long-term strategic objectives. Please find below a few mocks to get a sneak peek into the feature.

Additionally, Project Portfolio managers can now gain visibility into project execution against a timeline. Please find below some of the mocks to help understand the enhancement. 

23 people like this idea

I would like to be part of the beta testteam with our instance.

January has now passed... Any further updates?

Would love to be part of the BETA for this please.  Looks great!

Would love to be part of the beta for this as well.

Hey guys, 

We've rolled out the beta for Gantt chart. As a result, some of you who had requested the feature, will be able to see the Gantt switcher in your accounts. For those who wish to try out the feature, kindly reply to this thread, and we'll be happy to enable it from our end. 

How does it work?

For the accounts that have got the beta feature, as soon as you land in the project card view, you can now see a toggle switcher to the timeline view (highlighted in red). 

Clicking on the toggle, you would land in the project timeline view. Mouse hover on any of the project to get a quick glance into the progress of the project. If you wish to see the gantt chart representation for the project, simply click on any one of the project and it should take you to the gantt chart view for the project.

You can consume the Gantt chart in the full screen view by clicking on the expand button.

If you wish to get back to the task list page, you can use the toggle. 

What are the use cases rolled out for beta? 

1. With the timeline view, a project portfolio manager can now see all the projects within his organization against a timeline view. He/she can also have a quick glance into a project by a mouse hover action.
  2. With the Gantt chart view of projects, the project owner can now see all the tasks, subtasks, status and dependencies represented against a time period. This should help in understanding how the project is progressing and identifying bottlenecks. 

What is expected in the final rollout?

• In the Gantt chart view, once the Project owner identifies the bottlenecks, he/she can now move the tasks in the view and also add/edit dependencies within the tasks.
  • Ability to quickly assign a task to a project member from the Gantt chart view
  • Fetch more details about a task on clicking the task representation in the Gantt chart view
  • UI enhancements and bug fixes

By the end of March, we would be ready to ship the feature live. In the meantime, we would love to hear from you. Hence, we have added a feedback widget in the Timeline view. Feel free to write back to us for any feedback/suggestions. 

4 people like this

I have had a first look and I must say it is promising.

Some points that can be improved:

- No print possibility

- In the projects overview page to see the subtasks with a different color on the bar.

- A resource overview to see who is available for a task

- For planning time in 24H format is a must in Europe.

Hi Karthik, we'd like to be part of the beta as well. Thanks!

Hello, we will be very interested to be part of the beta too for Arcade Beauty. Thanks.

Morning Karthik, Could we join the beta as well? 

Thanks!

We're interested in trying out the Beta. Thanks Karthik! 

Hi. I requested this for our tenancy but it didnt get applied.

Can you confirm if we need to do anything else?

Can anyone explain the sense of "Association" to me? 

I would expect to associate tickets or changes to specific tasks within the project.

Associating a change or ticket to the whole project seems not useful at all for me.

best regards

Tony

1 person likes this

Hi at Ciptex we are looking to use this feature too - is there a date for the final rollout? if not or not soon can you add us to the beta trial too?

Thanks

Hi Everybody, we have enabled the beta feature for Gantt Chart on all your accounts. Please do give it a try.

Also, we are rolling out fixes and enhancements to the Gantt chart as we speak. In the meantime, it would be great to hear your initial thoughts regarding the same.

Submitting feedback is really easy. Just click on the icon highlighted in red. It will bring up a message box, enter your feedback and click on SEND.

Could you please activate this feature for us as well?

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin