Thank you Sysadmins! Show some love, join a contest, and win $100 USD, you deserve it all. Win $100 USD

Start a new topic
Deferred

Create Requester Group based on email address values

We have requesters that are internal (our own staff) and also external (our customers). I would like to create requester groups for both requester types, but based on a condition otherwise we will have to manually organise the groups.

My thinking is that it would be good if I could create a new requester group (Internal), and set a condition based on the requester email address containing a specific value (our email suffix).

For example.... Add members to group where "Requester Email Address" contains "@ourcompanyname.com".

And then for the External group I would do the same but set the condition to, Add members to group where "Requester Email Address"  does not contain "@ourcompanyname.com".

3 people like this idea

Definitely need this as I have not yet found a way to do this with any other fields except for the email field. There are no other AD records coming across that I can use to distinguish this. Unless you can bring the AD/OU/group across that is being read. If I had that then this would also be an easy field to filter staff from customers/students.

We recently added the ability to create "manual" requester groups, where users can be added explicitly instead of configuring rules for them: https://support.freshservice.com/support/solutions/articles/50000001678-create-manage-requester-groups

We currently haven't roadmapped the ability to add users to requester groups based on their email address. We'll pick this up at the next available opportunity.

Login or Signup to post a comment