Start a new topic
Planned

Unable to edit Contracts

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but there seems to be no way of editing a Software Contract. The only options I have are Delete and Terminate.

I've posted here as this has to be an error rather than a feature request, surely?

7 people like this idea
Any update on this FS?

Hi,

By design, we do not allow contract details to be edited. This is because the contract should not carry any changes upon moving to an active state as it may involve an approval process. We do understand the use-case where you would like to edit the active contract details. We have brought this request across to our Product team and will keep you posted on our inputs on this Enhancement. 

I will have this moved as a Feature request and will keep you posted on updates. 

It would be really helpful to be able to edit contracts, at all stages, even if this result in re-approval. 

There is often times when changes need to made at renewal (other than cost and end date). 

Being able to add attachments such as contract variation letters, or novation agreements would also be beneficial.

3 people like this

Yes this really needs to be added to the contract module to make it usable. Editing cost, descriptions, incorrect expiry dates, attaching additional agreements needs to be editable with the option of re-approval.

Additionally, it seems only the creator can edit the 'draft', that is not very practical for larger organisations.

Agreed, the ability to edit/update contracts (subject to re-approval) should definitely be possible.

1 person likes this

Yes,

Major obstacle for us.  We need ability to edit contracts. 

I would also like the ability for subcontracts (Especially with new Software module), I need contract tracking down to departmental level, and have it role up into a master level contract.  Example

Contract

Adobe Pro 2017 (All subcontract total up in to main contract for a total of 20 licenses)

Adobe Pro 2017  subcontract Department 1 contract for 5 license

Adobe Pro 2017 subcontract Department 2 contract for 12 licenses

Adobe Pro 2017 subcontract Department 3 Contract for 3 licenses 

Agreed also, even if the amendment requires reapproval.

Just to add my voice to this one and ask if there is an update since May?

In an ideal world, we would like to see a contract amend option (with an approval flow behind it)

Use Cases

Contract changes from having 5 firewalls in it down to 3, by using the renewal or extension option the details have to stay the same. We'd like to be able to amend the contract with the relevant attachments, addendum and details showing the change from 5 to 3 firewalls in the agreement as opposed to starting a new contract.

Contract with a training provider has 3 members of staff set up to use the service, comes up to renewal and 2 of the members of staff have since left, currently, we have to terminate/delete and start a new one, whereas just making the relevant tweaks would be much better.

Just came across this restriction today when I started putting our contracts in and realised I can't edit them.  In my case, I hit Save as I was part-way through entering details, thinking I could go back into it to finish it off later.  But because the contract type didn't have a mandatory approver (my choice), the contract went immediately from 'draft' to 'approved' and wouldn't let me edit it.

I also can see this will be an issue when contracts come up for renewal and we want to attach the new documents but can't.

I can understand why the workflow is so strict and locked down, but it appears to have gone too far.

Please fix.

Hi Simon, Craig,

We understand the pain of having to delete-recreate the contracts every time there even a minor change needed. We plan to address this issue soon. You can track the progress of this feature here: https://support.freshservice.com/support/discussions/topics/322331

Best,

Sid

2 people like this

Thanks very much, Sid.

Regards, Simon

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin