Start a new topic

Ability to Change Requester Without Having to Edit the Ticket

Ability to Change Requester Without Having to Edit the Ticket

7 people like this idea

Can you?

I received an email and forward it to our Freshservice portal but it opens under my name.

I want to change the requester to the user.

@Tony Fritzen

That's odd... If I forward an email to the system if opens as them, not me.  I always remove my signature block when I do this though, not sure if that has to do with it.

I'll try taking my sig out, not sure if that's where it looks to create the ticket under.

I just took an email sent to me by a user and forwarded it to our IT email assigned to Freshservice, without anything to do with my info and it still opens the ticket under me.

@Tony

Is the email that shows on the forwarded ticket assigned to an Agent account?  I think the logging as the previous sender requires both a matching address to an Agent (I think aliases can confuse this) and there being a "divider break" line for Freshservice to remove everything prior from the email.

As well as being able to change the requester without needing to fully edit the ticket, it would be useful for us to be able to add addresses that act the same as the forwarding from an Agent address without the need to be an Agent.  For example: we have a front help desk that are not a part of IT and so don't have an Agent status, but do on occasion become the first point of contact for emails; when they forward these on to our IT support, it would be useful for these to be assigned to the customer who emailed, rather than to the Helpdesk.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin