Start a new topic
Implemented

Search Enhancements

We are working on improving Search which includes the below mentioned enhancements:

Search with part of a name - You don't have to remember the exact word to search for it, for example, If there is an asset named MDKR5672, you can look for this asset by searching for ‘5672’ (note: '567' will not return this). Or you could type 'smith' if you are looking for john.smith@acme.com.

Refine your search results
- Filter within the results of your search query by applying multiple conditions, in tickets. For example, you can filter the search results by open tickets or/and by tickets created between a particular date range etc.

Better Search Results - Moving to a newer version of ElasticSearch gives more relevant results to your search queries.

Quick Search
- Get to where you want to go, faster. Quick search enables you to search within a particular module from the global search bar and see suggestions only from that module.

Agents and Departments 
- Now you can search for agents and departments right from the global search bar.

UPDATE (31 Jan 2018): We have started rolling out these enhancements in a phased manner. Over the period of next three weeks, all accounts will see the new enhancements.

13 people like this idea

Are the search enhancements only affecting the agent side (as opposed to enhancements for requester search)?

Hi Justin

Some of the enhancements are applicable to the requester portal as well:

1. Search with part of a name - You don't have to remember the exact word to search for it, for example, If there is a ticket you raised that has the word 'work station WS1107', you can look for this ticket by searching for ‘1107’ (note: '110' will not return this).

2. Better Search Results - Moving to a newer version of ElasticSearch gives more relevant results to your search queries.

You could also let me know the pain points you face in requester search. We can add to the backlog.

cheers

joe

UPDATE: We have started rolling out these enhancements in a phased manner. Over the period of next three weeks, all accounts will see the new enhancements.

any update on this, it has been 3 weeks but our instance of fresh does not have this feature yet.

2 people like this

Sorry for the delay. It is now available for all accounts. 

joe

1 person likes this

Perhaps an good idea to mention this in the whats new in Freshservice notification center as well?

1 person likes this

In my opinion, the search feature is wholly inadequate. When typing something into the search bar, what does it use to find its results? 

I have an IP address field for equipment and I cannot search for it, so I can't find my assets by IP address which for a system that primarily functions as a helpdesk isn't too bad, but this is supposed to be a full asset management suite.

If I can't search for IP address, I doubt I can search for any other identifiable information either apart from Name/Asset Tag?

Login or Signup to post a comment