Start a new topic

Scenario Flows for Asset updating

At the moment it is not possible to apply a scenario to a mobile phone for example. However, it often happens that a phone breaks or the persons receives a new phone.

Those kind of actions always needs to be repeated, doing always the exact same steps, but with different values.

Example1:

JohnDoe1 has SomePhone1 which will be replaced by SomePhone2. In addition to this, the SIM-cards (as a relation) of SomePhone1 should also be put in SomePhone2.

The example above takes a lot of steps which could be made faster if we would be able to create change flows. So the user only gets only asked for the correct fields that needs to be changed.

This same example could also be for a car (we have cars with SIM-cards in them). 

2 people like this idea

Hi Rik,

This is a very interesting use case! I'll add a +1 from my side as well. :D I haven't heard this before, but I can see how this would be helpful for others as well. 

I have a few questions to help understand your flow better. 

1. How frequently do you see such issues? 
  2. How are these issues reported to you? (Walk in/Email/Service Request?)
  3. How do you identify a replacement? For example, Do you search in Freshservice for devices with In Stock status and pick the first result you get and assign it? Or do you pick a replacement device that you have in store and then lookup the device in Freshservice? The reason I ask is that, if we were to execute a scenario, then would you expect Freshservice to also recommend a replacement device or would you want to manually specify which device this should be?

Thanks in advance for the info. :)

Best,
Sid

In reply to sid:

1. How frequently do you see such issues? 
Example1 happens like 2 times a week. But there are way more possibilities, other examples:
1. New Employee comes to work at the company and receives a new phone with a new SIM-Card.
2. Employee leaves the company so he has to return his phone. And the SIM-Card subscription can be canceled.
3. The 2 examples above, but then for a laptop, or perhaps a car.
  1. How are these issues reported to you? (Walk in/Email/Service Request?)
Depends on the Example. Phone for a new employee would be via Service Request. But when a phone stops working it often is Walk in (for letting it know the phone broke and also giving the phone) then a new phone will be ordered and will arrive in a week or so. Then the Employee can walk-in again (he has been notified the new phone arrived) to pick-up his new phone (with the SIM-Card) replaced. In addition to this, sometimes a temporary replacement phone is used so the Employee can use that for a week (just until the new one arrives). In that case, the broken phone will be 'thrown away', or sometimes send to be repaired (depending on the damage).
  1. How do you identify a replacement? For example, Do you search in Freshservice for devices with In Stock status and pick the first result you get and assign it? Or do you pick a replacement device that you have in store and then look up the device (Asset) in Freshservice? The reason I ask is that, if we were to execute a scenario, then would you expect Freshservice to also recommend a replacement device or would you want to manually specify which device this should be?
We don't search for other devices that are in stock (perhaps other companies do). We mostly order a new phone. Sometimes we order more (like 15 at once, which we will import via .csv). We then put a 'sticker' on the phone with the Display Name of that phone like PHO-001. This makes it easy to search the device (Asset) in Freshservice. But we pick the Phone manually.

Hope this info helps if there are questions I'd like to answer them.

Rik, this is very helpful. Thanks for going into the details! :D 

I'll reach out again if I have any other questions.

Best,

Sid

This would be great. We would like to be able to assign assets to tickets along with updating the Category, Department, etc... Having a easy click solution for our agents would be a time saver.

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin