1) “Private note notification reply” behavior changes:
- Replies by agents to private note notifications were earlier getting added as public notes in the ticket details page. This could expose private conversation between two agents to the requester.
With the new fix, these replies will be added as private notes to tickets.
- Another behavior change is that a reply to a forward email notification by an agent or by any other third party (except for the ticket requester) will be added as a private note. This addresses the need for keeping the conversation between an agent inside Freshservice and an external partner private. Reply to forward email notification by ticket requester will still be added as a public note.
2) Discovery Agent v3.0
- New version of Discovery Agent for Windows (v3.0) with support for TLS1.1 and 1.2
3) Asset Tag for all Asset Types
- Asset managers can now maintain asset tags (for scanning QR/Barcode labels) for all assets in Freshservice.
- Scanning an asset label using the scanner in the Freshservice mobile app will now search across all asset types (as against searching only in Hardware type).
- Default service categories can now be deleted.
- Fixed an issue where the asset expiry notification was not delivered to users who were not agents/requestors in Freshservice.
I'm confused. v2.3.0 of the Probe was supposed to have TLS 1.2 capability. What is difference between that and what is announced here in the 3.0 agent?
v2.3.0 (12 April 2017)
TLS 1.2 support in Discovery Probe
Hi Jeremy, the Windows Agent and Probe are two different applications.
The Discovery Probe is normally deployed on a server to scan devices on a network or a domain, connect to SCCM and sync users from AD to Freshservice. The Discovery Agent is installed on a device such as a laptop and continuously sends information about this device to Freshservice.
You can find more information on these two tools, here.
Your observation is correct that the Probe has TLS1.2 capability from v2.3 onwards. We just introduced TLS 1.2 support for the windows agent. TLS 1.2 support for the MAC and Linux agents were introduced on 01 August).
I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.