Start a new topic

Sharing ticket with multiple requesters

I haven't found an easy way to share ticket details with multiple requesters.

While I can CC users in the emails we sent from the helpdesk, only the main requester can see the ticket on the Support Portal.

When using support ticketing systems like Zendesk they allow multiple users to follow tickets and browse organisation requests in their helpdesk. 

We could allow everyone see tickets from their department but many tickets are shared across departments and this would open up other issues as well.

I've reported this via support ticket 9 months ago:

https://support.freshservice.com/support/tickets/868385 

44 people like this idea

Hi Sundar,

Any timeline to introduce this?

BR,

Ugur

To comment on Sundar's comment. We don't just want requestors to be able to add multiple people to a ticket, agents should be able to also. 

1 person likes this

Thanks for the feedback, Dan. We will take it in.

Ugur, this has been a long-pending request from our customers and we are looking to prioritise this for the near future. However, I don't have concrete timelines for this yet. I shall update once I do.

Thank you.

-

Sundar

This feature definitely needs to be added!  Our users need to be able to view other tickets from other departments.  Just this morning, someone in HR requested file access for someone in Finance.  I worked the ticket, but the person in Finance(cc'd on the ticket) wasn't able to see what folder she was getting access to.  For those concerned about security, put a toggle switch in so it can be turned on or off company wide.  With 5 pages of posts on this, it should seriously be considered and added to the roadmap.

1 person likes this

Why not introduce the option to add Requesters/Contacts as Watchers similar to adding an Agent to a ticket Watch list?

1 person likes this

Hi Sundar,

More than just being able to add individuals. For our use case, we really need some cross-departmental visibility of tickets. Options we have suggested in email include:

• A global visibility switch (least desirable). 
  • An ability to script and automate department updates outside of the probe. 
  • An ability to have the probe/Freshservice mapping interpret an AD field with CSV as multiple values. 
  • Hierarchical departments permitting visibility to all sub-departments (most desirable).

Regards,
Sean

2 people like this

I would really like to see the feature that we can add multiple requesters to a ticket as well, we are coming from Lansweeper where we could add CC users to a ticket that worked really well. Hope to see this on the roadmap soon, 3 years and pending is a long time. 

Regards,

Bas Heideman

2 people like this

+1 for this. This would make sharing ticket information between multiple departments a lot more streamlined.

This needs to be implemented.  The risk resides with the customer on security.  We need the ability to set permissions on tickets to allow CC'ed users to see them in the portal.  This is out of the box functionality on almost every other ticketing system I have looked at.  This is a huge limitation for us. 

Any update to this? Seems to be a much asked for feature that should have been implemented a long time ago!!

Cheers

Phil

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment