There is a HUGE opportunity to take a piece of the MSP (managed service provider) market but Freshservice needs some more tools/services to be a viable option for MSP's.
Are there any future plans to add services specifically for the MSP Mode?
For example, it would be great to have:
- toggle ticket views so you can fit more on 1 page
- document storage....possibly G Suite Drive (Team Drive) integration
- tickets posted to Google Calendar to list task notes in body
- project mgmt (I see this is coming...is there a launch date?)
- customer hierarchy w/ notes section (maybe this comes with SugarCRM integration)
- Freshsales / Freshservice integration (I can't believe this isn't a thing)
- network mapping for each customer (there is something similar to this in CMDB but not in MSP mode)
To add to this list, we've only been using it for a week in MSP mode but find there are a lot of things missing that we'd like.
- Assign Agents to a Company/companies and they can only view tickets, assets, contacts etc that belong to those companies.
- An simple top level Nav filter option to select "current company" so that an Agent can work on all items for a specific company without the clutter of all the other companies they're responsible for. An "All Companies" option would again only show companies they are assigned to.
- Company/Customer facing portals. Fix security issue where a contact from Company A can login to the portal for Company B. This means if you have proprietary info (i.e. a KB article) anyone from any company can view it (yes they do have to guess the custom URL but it's a big security flaw IMO).
- Company/Customer facing portals. The settings available currently apply to all portals, they should be on a per portal basis. i.e. Company A users can sign up on the portal, but Company B they can't. Company A might no have Service Catalog available (and no, not hidden by using CSS hack) and Company B would have Service Catalog available.
- Service Catalog needs major improvements to work better in MSP mode. An On-boarding request for Company A might contain two items, where for Company B it could contain 15 items. At a top level we should be able to build a Service Catalog that's only accessible to a specific Company or Companies. Currently there are some ways of using groups on each item to prevent access but this also then requires applying groups on all item to deny/hide items that don't apply, it's not a usable process.
I'm sure I'll have more, it's only been one week so far, so I'll add more here as I think of them.
Brett and Phodgkinson,
Thanks for taking the time to post all these suggestions! We're currently analysing ways to improve the Freshservice experience for MSPs, and we'll incorporate your feedback into our design.
Product Manager, Freshservice
Another thing I have noticed that needs work for MSP support is the Ticket list view. Our agents like to view by All Unresolved Tickets so they know what is left to do. Unfortunately the ticket info include title and requester (contact) name but doesn't include the Company. So the only way to know what ticket is for what company is to create a custom view for each company but with 40+ customers to support that's just way too many views. It would be ideal if the ticket info was:
Ticket Title is Here #INC-1001
From: Client Username (Company Name)
Created: about 6 hours ago, Due in 1 day
Then we'd really like to have Company added to the Sort By list so that tickets from the same client would be grouped together.
So the big question is, what are the odds of something like this getting implemented in the next 3 or 4 years?
We're currently working on an improved experience for managed service providers, which includes enhanced access control, content/setup customizability, and usability improvements. We're incorporating the feedback from your earlier post into our design, and we'll also ensure that the ticket list view is optimized for MSP agents. Thanks again for your feedback!
Product Manager, Freshservice
Some more MSP items:
- Contact list is becoming unmanageable with so many contacts from different companies. There needs to be a way to filter contacts by company and even ideally if an Agent is only responsible for company X, then shouldn't be able to see contacts from company Y and Z at all.
- When viewing a company I can Add an existing contact to that company but I should be able to create contacts from there and they would automatically be assigned to that company.
- Global issue with paged lists. If I go to page 3 of a list, view a contact and then go back, I should be taken to page 3 again and not page 1. This is easy enough to read/write to a cookie, makes using lists very painful. ( I swear that the system was developed and tested with 5 contacts and 2 companies, nothing close to real world data).
The ability to filter and restrict access to contacts based on companies is a definite improvement that needs to be made in the application, and we'll address that very soon.
I'll also work with our UX team to see how we can simplify the addition of new contacts to a company.
About your issue with the contacts page - the browser's back button can already take you back to the specific page that you were on. The internal "Back to Contacts" link takes you back to the main contacts page, and that's the way it has been designed. I get your point though - you'll ideally want this "back link" to work the same way as the browser's back operation does in this case. I'll add that to our list of requested usability enhancements.
Thanks, as always, for taking the time to give us feedback!
Product Manager, Freshservice
another request to the MSP mode: We get new service desk staff all the time and it would be much easier for them to ask the caller for their company name and from there it should display a list of contacts for that company or allow limited search capabilities for the contacts associated to the specific company. This way the staff don't have to guess or misspell the caller name or contact info. Can this be implemented anytime soon? I would have to start explore other solutions if the features in this thread are not going to be worked on anytime soon.
Hi Mithun Mohandas,
8 months ago you said you were working on improved experience for MSPs and I've seen Zero improvements. You've got us for 2 months before our year is up and we start looking at alternative products. What do you have? any improvements at all coming?
After analyzing the feature requests from many managed service providers, we identified that the two most requested enhancement categories are:
Incorporating these user needs, we are now building a multi-account experience for managed service providers. In this approach:
We'll be posting the mocks soon, and we'll also send out an update once we have information on the availability.
Don't forget contract management which is a basic of MSP
Actually, I can't
- import existing contracts
- add or delete a unit of a contract (licence contrat for 100 server, I can't add 1 more server in the contract)
- Assign a contrat to existing assets in bulk mode modification
- Filter assets when adding in a contract (in MSP mode, many company can have same names assets)
This lack of features has led to a refusal of use on the part of my team
I would like to +1 the request for displaying the Company in the ticket list view. We moved from another product where we had to title/rename all of our coming tickets to "<company name> - <problem description>" so we could sort easily. I was hoping to avoid this with Freshservice, but am looking forward to what changes are coming down the line. Being able to view Companies (and sort by Company) can be hugely useful!
Another suggestion would be to modify the filtering fields so you can exclude specific items, such as a specific company or status
i.e. - In the Comapany filter, list "Company A; -Company B; Company C", and the result of this would show you all tickets relating to Companies A and C, but none of Company B's tickets would appear. I've commonly seen this implemented in other filtering systems where you use the hyphen/dash character to "negate" an entry and exclude it from the view.
We also encounter an issue with "ticket clutter", especially when Problems occur. It would be nice to modify a ticket view to "show all tickets, except those linked to a Problem", as we notice when we create problems for outages or other major scenarios and mass requests come in from multiple angles that the ticket view quickly becomes unmanagable. Hiding all the excessive linked tickets relating to a Problem would sort that issue quickly!
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I've attached the mockups for the multi-account experience that we're currently building for managed service providers. Please bear in mind that this feature is still under development, and the design is therefore subject to change. Do let us know if you have any feedback!
Product Manager, Freshservice