The following are the latest set enhancements made available for Freshservice Jira integration:
- Available in ITIL modules: Users can now link problems, changes, releases to Jira issues and track issue statuses within Freshservice.
- Status Mapper: Custom statuses can now be synchronized. Users can now pick and choose statuses from Freshservice and map them to Jira statuses.
- Support attachments from Freshservice to Jira for all modules
- Scope for comment synchronization: While pushing notes from Jira to Freshservice, there is an option to set ‘add note and match visibility of Jira comments' Example: when a user adds a comment in Jira with restricted visibility, it will be added as a private note in Freshservice.
- Requester name for Jira issues created from Freshservice will now reflect the name of the agent who created Jira issue rather than the admin who enabled the integration.
What does it mean?
Convenient to link and track issue status: extending Jira integration to problem, change and release management modules ensure that incidents that lead to a change request or release can be linked to Jira issue and tracked down directly from respective change request or release rather than through the incidents.
Increased agent productivity: custom status sync and capability to support attachments from ticket to bug will ensure better collaboration thereby increasing agent productivity.
Better user experience: Minor design changes for the Jira widget will ensure a better user experience.