Start a new topic
Planned

Import and update assets from Airwatch MDM

At the moment we are using Airwatch for managing our Smartphone and Tablets and the FreshProbe for the import of users and assets (from sccm). 

Problem is that the FreshProbe cannot connect with Airwatch MDM to import and update the assets in FreshService and there is no integration availeble. 

Are there more FreshService users out there who would like to see this working?

3 people like this idea

Hi Simon, Thanks for starting a thread on this topic. 

Can you please help me understand the level of information you want to import from Airwatch to Freshservice. For instance, do you only want the device information (name, who uses it, location, device type, warranty...etc) or do you also want to sync information on the applications used in the device. Also, do you want changes made to the device in Freshservice to be synced to Airwatch? 

We are evaluating integrating with Airwatch for MDM. Would love to hear if this will be helpful for other users as well! :D

Hello Mohana,

The information we want to share between Airwatch and Freshservice is the same as the info form SCCM. So the technical device information (vendor, model, type, OS version, storage size, serial number, macadress) and the user information (primary user, company, department) There is no need for the app information but it could be handy. The information from Airwatch is leading, so it does not need to be synced form FreshService to Airwatch. If a device us unenroled or deleted in Airwatch it should me marked as inactive or retired in FreshService.

Thanks for sharing the use case, Simon. Will update once we take up this integration. 

Hi Mohana, 

any update on this? is this something we can expect this year?

Dragging this back up, I'm very interested in seeing this happen. Has there been any developments?

Hi Justin, we have not started work on this yet. Planned for H1 this year. 

Hi, just an update from our side on this request: We have stopped using Airwatch and were now using Microsoft Intune as an mobile device management tool. Perhaps you can add this to the planned integration as well.

Thanks for the heads up, Simon. We have Intune in our backlog. I'll let you know when we start work on the integration. 

Has there been any developments?

Has there been any developments?

We've started rolling out Airwatch company wide and hope to have all users enrolled by the end of April, so we have a keen interest in seeing this happen. 

Login or Signup to post a comment
JS Bin